Question Honey Bees & Info Needed for Rheumotoid Arthritis Mgmt.

Help! I've had rheumatoid Arthritis for over 7 years, and tried most forms of alternative and western medicines with no lasting success and many terrible side effects. I've heard many successful stories using bee stings. I need to find bee keepers in and around Palm Bay, FL because I'm not able to keep any in the city, and be able to speak or meet with people who can tell me where to place the stings for the most optimum results. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sooooo much.

Default Re: Honey Bees & Info Needed for Rheumotoid Arthritis Mgmt.

I'm not in Florida, quite the opposite, I'm in California, so can't help with leading you to any local, for you, sources for the bees. However, beestings should work well for your RA. I've got arthritis and nerve pains from back injuries, and beestings have helped me tremendously! I sting my fingers inbetween the knuckle joints and sting the backs of my hands. Same with the toes and ankles and arches in my feet. I also sting my tail bone and lower lumbar and neck and the one vertabae just below the neck. I can't reach the middle back, but one day I was working through a beehive and they stung me through my shirt right on T6, which I have problems with. That sting on T6 was so very welcome and helpful!!!!! It has been bothering me for close to 10 years and that one sting really made me feel good!

I found out about this quite by accident back in 1991 when I was suffering from sciatica streaking down my legs. I was working through a hive when I dropped a frame full of bees and they got angry and I got a couple stings. My sciatica disappeared for a full 24 to 36 hours. At that time I did not get stung anywhere that you would think would help, just muscle stings in the arms and such, but it did even then help with the sciatica.

Best of luck for you, I hope this helps some. Just be sure you are not excessively allergic to the stings, have some benadryl handy just in case.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

I seem to recall another person on this board who used Palm Bay Florida as their location. Can't really remember their name right here and now, but you might wish to do a search thru the new member's welcome section since I think I noticed his location there first.

Palm Bay is in SW or SE Florida?

I can't help down In florida, but I will add that this summer myself and a friend embarked on a 3 month schedule off bee stings on and around our knees Every week we took stings starting with two and ending with seven in each knee. I can tell the help it gave me, my knees used to pop and groan all day and hurt at night now they hardly ever bother me and I plan on continuing the treatment in the spring. my companion in treatment thought there was some benefit but still had pain, after seeing a doc. She found out she had bone spurs that where causing her trouble and had them removed and is better off. I think as with anything try it and if it works great. but don't let it mask other problems.Both home and proffessional care should be combined to find the best relief..On A final note after a couple of treatments I don't swell up anymore and as a first year beek It has given me a new cofidence in handling my bees.. Welcome to the forum John
    John Hargrave Northwest Missouri

are there any books with more info on this. I know a lady who has such sever back pain and she was getting cortizone shots to help with the pain but now it is so bad that nothing seems to help. she is pretty much limited to laying on her back on thier couch all day. Do you reccomend stinging the area where the pain is the worst?
    do you grab the bee with leather gloves and get them to sting where you want them to or what technique to you use?
    Last edited by kwest; 11-17-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: more?

kwest,
    My wife was in similar condition as your friend. I watched her go literally from bent over a walker crying in pain to upright and walking on her own with a feeble smile in five minutes after four stings.... Just grab one with a pair of froceps or tweezers and wiggle them around near the painful spot. You can use bare fingers but they are harder to grab and place. With the forceps they scrunch up so all you have to do is put them on the right spot.
    Bees have been a true blessing for us.

Satori,
    Welcome... There is an apitherapy forum here. You can probably do a search and find lots of good information. I think the moderators in that forum will ship bees for medical use??? if not then I'm sure plenty of people in your region would be more than happy to mail you bees on a regular schedule to save you some hassle.

Big Grin Re: Honey Bees & Info Needed for Rheumotoid Arthritis Mgmt.

Just read this, will not hurt to try it!

Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regulary even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent reasearch conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon honey and a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, 73 patients were totally revieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

Now I stated I just read this, I assume they mean raw honey from a beek, not the stuff at Walmart. We have taken raw honey daily for years, and have had great health attributes from it.
    Stonefly7

I am in Palm Bay, if you need some bees I have about 60 million, I'm sure I could part with a few. PM me with your info.