Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Beekeepers take action

28K views 179 replies 42 participants last post by  honeylove 
#1 ·
#178 ·
The current issue (December) of ABJ has a rather interesting article reporting on the latest scientific examinations of the neonic controversy. Seems like that pesticide may not be the smoking gun some folks have thought. And is in fact an improvement over previous chemicals. Of course, the caveat is if used correctly. Check it out.

#179 ·
StevenG,

I read and enjoyed that article. It is obviously influenced or sponsored by "Big Chemical". ;) Nonetheless it does not fit the "act now!" crowd and will be dismissed because they've already worked themselves into a frenzy that something, anything, even if it's unproven and scientifically unsupported, must be done.

#180 ·
Hi Omie. Thanks for verifying that for me. I know Sam is a rising star and he puts a lot of thought into his technique. Less is more! We are waiting for him! I can't wait to see the look on the beegeezers in our club when Sam tells them do nothing! PS, The beegeezers are aware of this affectionate nickname by the Radical valley Branch as we call the "other" school of thought. However, changing how we beekeep will be very effective in the bees health along with expanding their forage area and using less toxic methods of controlling bugs considered pests and/or biological control. Hope the bees are warm up there & are wisely using their stores!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.