Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello from Western Kentucky

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hemichuck 
#1 ·
Hello! First year beekeeper here- what a great hobby! :)
I have been lurking around the site for quite some time, and finally decided to register last weekend. Nice folks and so much good information and real-world experience! :thumbsup:
David W.

#2 ·
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a wealth of information about bees and beekeeping. I use the 'search' function extensively - it seems that for any topic/question I can think of, I can immediately find several previous threads discussing it.

Are you connected with a local club? Kentucky has quite a few excellent clubs. Since much of beekeeping is "location specific", clubs are great places to find mentors and tap into the local beekeeping knowledge.
http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/bees/association/index.htm

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies and making a newbie feel welcome. Yes indypartridge, I have attended a couple of local meetings of the "Lake Barkley Beekeepers Association" and those folks made me feel welcome too. I mostly just sat and istened at the meetings, but learned a lot in a short hour or two. I also attended the Walter Kelley Field Day back earlier in the summer, and enjoyed that too. So far, in my 1st year, I will have to say that beekeepers by and large are the most friendly and helpful group of people that I've ever been around!
David W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.