Default Cowen uncapper value

What is a uncapper like this worth? The out feed is motor driven and holds about 50 frames. Don't include the stainless drip pan on the feed side or the stainless catch tank under the out feed conveyor with the value. One knife has a little bow to it and some bushings could be replaced on the infeed chain/spockets. I was given this from another beek because he doesn't use it and I needed it. Neither one of us knows what it is worth and we want to be fair to each other with the price.

Default Re: Cowen uncapper value

You can check out cowenmfg.com. I believe new cowen machines like that run about 6 grand something like half that plus the value of the outfeed assuming all is in good working condition. Might be best just to call them at Cowen to get a ball park figure plus the cost of whatever parts might be needed.

Why didn't I think of that. Must be all the bailing twine smoke I have been inhaling. Thanks.

about $4,000 US dollars new $8,000

I've got one just about like that. A few years ago I sent it in to Cowen and they did a real nice job of rebuilding and upgrading it. But I think when old & worn they can be had for less than $4000.

I talked to Cowen MFG. Uncapper with stand, out feed conveyor, no drip pan, uncapper being well used and in need of rebuild in next couple seasons is valued at $800-$1200. Just the uncapper with no outfeed is $500 +/-. Sending the uncapper to them for rebuild is $1500+.

Talk to someone that went to the Leon Metz action this summer near Spring Green. I thought a rebuilt Cowen, used a season or two, went for around 3000?????

Roland

A rebuilt like new, yes. Old wore out in need of a rebuild ,no.

I bought one a few years ago in need of a rebuild. I paid $500 but it didn't have that nice out feed on it either. Anywhere from $800 - $1500 would be my guess.

Matt
    Columbia City, Indiana