Thread: terminology

Default terminology

Greetings,

I need a clearing on terminology. I hear creamed honey referred to as "spun honey" and "whipped honey". Are they indeed all the same product? If not, then what exactly is the difference, could it possibly be geographically based language?
    I am interested in a small scale formula for producing creamed honey as is and also possibly using flavorings. Has anyone used Lorann oils before and if so, what was your most popular flavor? Thanks for the info.

Default Re: terminology

Ok, found out how to look back for info here and found what I needed for definitions, including a good link to Dyce. Thanks for everyone's patience at what is probably the same q's over and over. Also found what I was looking for on flavorings. I'm still open to new onfo if you see fit to reply. This site is an incredibly valuable assest to us beeks, Thanks!

I've made a few batches of creamed honey but never have used flavorings. You just need some honey and some creamed honey to "seed" it with. You will need a good creaming screw for stirring so as not to mix in lots of air.

And candied honey. Yes, all the same thing.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF