Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Honey Bee Healthy

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  USCBeeMan 
#1 ·
I found the recipe for it here. I read that it will really help a hive buildup. I made some and fed it to a nuc I have been nursing a long. Even though I have an entrance block with a 1/4" hole, the nuc was robbed dead in 1 day! Don't feed this stuff to a weak hive!

#2 ·
Hello i feed it to my nucs and i also open feed i feed honey bee healthy to a small swarm i caught a feww weeks ago and they have really stored it and drawing out comb i also fed it to several other hives and i had no problemn with robbing i did the same as you but i fed it to mine at night when they are in the hives for the nite.

Thomas Yancey

#5 ·
I feed homemade HBH to nukes using top feeders, with 3/8 x 1/2 bottom openings. These are situated among the other apiary hives.
Haven't been robbed out yet.

Every once in a while things do happen I suppose, but not every time !!

Boardman feeders should be outlawed, especially if not used in the best found method. :doh:

Good Luck

PCM

#7 ·
Feed them "all" using a 5-gallon bucket and a float. Bees are too busy consuming the SW in the bucket to rob! The 10 hives in my back yard will empty a 5-gallon bucket in around 4 hours. Did so today but it might have been more like 6 hours since it's cooler now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.