Default New queen in hive...not laying?

Hello All

Need some more advice please on my orignal hive, long story short we lost our old queen by accident...she was moved out of the hive.

Anyway we finally found a local beekeeper to provide us with a new queen and she has been in the hive for just over a week now but after doing some checks yesterday I can't see any sign of laying by this new queen, she is alive and well and working with her new friends and looks really fat like she is ready to drop.

We have had a temp drop here in Florida a few days ago and its pretty chilly here today but what do you think? Does it take longer for a newly introduced queen to start laying?

Hope someone can help, thank you

Stuart

Default Re: New queen in hive...not laying?

About 10 days from what i read....but there are more knowldgeable people here for sure...
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

Thanks for that, maybe I am being to impatient then, anyone else any comments?

Sorry I also wanted to note that all the bees are in the top super right now and not using the bottom super at all.