Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Question about adding boxes to a Warre Hive...

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KeyBeeper 
#1 ·
I understand you're supposed to harvest from the top and add new boxes to the bottom. Can someone explain to me how this is physically accomplished? Let's say you have 4 boxes, you harvest one and add one to the bottom. How do you get the one on the bottom under the other three and on top of the floor. It seems like it would be hard to do. I'm probably missing something obvious or have made an incorrect assumption - could someone tell me how they do it?

#2 ·
Warré hive boxes are much smaller than other hive boxes. The standard internal dimensions are 300 mm x 300 mm x 210 mm (roughly 12 inches x 12 inches x 8¼ inches).

Typically Warré hives are wintered in two hive boxes. To add additional hive boxes underneath (nadiring), the existing hive boxes are lifted either manually or with a hive lift.

Several examples of hive lifts can be seen at: http://warre.biobees.com/lift.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.