Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jim Tew, Kim Flottum and Michael Bush Tulsa OK March 19-20

The NEOBA Big Bee Buzz strikes again, and we have an excellent line up of speakers, including Jim Tew, Kim Flottum and some guy you might have heard of named Michael Bush.

The dates are March 19-20, 2010. The exact location in Tulsa, OK has not confirmed.

The cost will be $25.00 per person, which includes two meals. Prepayment and pre-registration will be available and greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Neil

Default Re: Jim Tew, Kim Flottum and Michael Bush Tulsa OK March 19-20

We need to get Sue Coby next year.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

I will see what I can do. (But, you gotta admit, this 2010 lineup ain't exactly shabby.)

Also, Derek has assured me that he's coming up this year, and I'm holding him to it.

2011 is what I meant.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

I am sure going to try to be there!! Is there a website for Reg?
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

I will be there! Already have all the airlines set up to email me when there is a smokin deal. SW is $175.00 which isn’t bad. But I am torn on drive/fly. I like the 55 min air time vs 5 hour drive, but if I drive I can bring you some quality pork products!

Let us know when there is online reg.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Is this meeting in Mar 2010, I don't know how I missed this, I try to read most of the posts. I would very much like to make this, I don't know the lady mentioned for the future meeting but she is "running in deep tracks" if she is in the class of the above speakers!

Yep, March 2010. And it costs $25 (and that includes 2 meals).

The dates are March 19-20, 2010. The exact location in Tulsa, OK has not confirmed.

Do you have a location confirmed yet?
    Last edited by Myron Denny; 01-08-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: word change

Sorry to disappoint, I really planned to do this, but as a result of job changes, I will be unavailable to make this meeting, or any other meeting until next year.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I was very much looking forward to visiting with you, guess we will just have to continue visiting this way. I very much respect your opinion.
    Myron Denny

>I very much respect your opinion.

Thank you.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Dadant Will Be A Vendor At The Buzz

I talked with Ray at Dadant, Paris TX today. He will come to the Big Bee Buzz, March 19-20, 2010. He will bring some merchandise. However, he is primarily coming to deliver stuff that people order in advance. So order in advance and avoid shipping costs.

If you are attending the Buzz and need anything, please support Dadant's effort to come to our event. Place your orders now and explain that you need delivery to the Buzz. The free shipping will pretty quickly cover the cost of going to the Buzz!!!

Given the free meals, you practically make money coming to this event.

You can order at (903) 784-6145. Tell them thanks for coming to Tulsa.

Is there an agenda of topics?
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

And a location where the meeting will be held?

Default Update and address

As you may have gathered from Michael Bush's post, he will not be able to make it. However, all is not lost. Ed Levi, the state inspector for Arkansas, has agreed to be a speaker.

Ed Levi has been a regular speaker at this event in the past. He is very knowledgeable and an excellent speaker. Unlike Michael Bush, Ed Levi is not a small-cell/natural cell beekeeper. However, Ed, at least in his own hives, does not use hard or soft chemicals, so far as I know. For example he uses genetics and drone comb for varroa control and traps and nematodes for SHB. Ed is also an organic vegetable gardener. In short, the folks who wanted to hear Michael talk may also be interested in what Ed has to say.

Also, several people have asked for an address where this event will be held. It is:

Eastside Christian Church
    1438 South Indianapolis Avenue
    Tulsa, OK 74112-5826.

We no longer meet at the Ag. Extension Office on the fairgrounds, because our event got too big and we ran out of room. However, this church is just down the street from the old meeting place, just east of the intersection of 15th and Harvard, near the north side of the fairgrounds.

We do not yet have a schedule of presentations, because we only recently got the State of Arkansas to approve Ed Levi coming to visit us. I will post that shortly. If anybody has a specific request for a topic, please advise. With this panel, I figure that there is somebody who is competent to present on about any topic.

Thanks,

Neil

This is unbelieveable.....I just got an email that I have to attend a company meeting in Tulsa the 18th and 19th!! I will already be there on the company dime!! WOOT!! See you all Friday eve.

I am sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it Michael, I was really looking forward to meeting but I fully understand the situation.

Awesome...my hotel is @ 31st and Memorial!!
    Last edited by NasalSponge; 02-18-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: add stuff
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Hambone (aka Derek) is coming up and cooking the Bar-B-Que for the Friday evening dinner (that's included in the price of admission).

I'm still trying to get the agenda finalized, but some topics that are very likely to be covered are: (1) the importance of genetics in reducing or eliminating chemical use; (2) IPM methods geared towards going chemical-free; (3) ways to incorporate the use of nucs in beekeeping; and (4) marketing techniques for honey to bring more money such as varietal and local honeys. And that's just a start. I should have an actual schedule by Monday.

Neil

Excellent! I am looking forward to a little Texas BBQ!!
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

I secured my buddies smoker to bring to handle the cooking.

Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast