Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BWrangler says Adios???

Hanging up his BWrangling spurs...

http://www.bwrangler.com/index.html

Default Re: BWrangler says Adios???

Are you quiting beekeeping or the forums? Remember once a beekeeper always a beekeeper, it's in your blood. Good luck. Jack

What a wonderful message. Best wishes,

Walt
    "Having Fun with Nature"
    www.rgf-tx.com

Your web site has been a great resource of info especially for new bees like me. I am saddened to see you go, but, fully understand.
    Best wishes
    Dan

Sad to see him go. But

What is to become of the content of the site? I tried sending an e-mail with an offer and request to archive the site so the information can be kept available, but the mailbox has already been closed.
    The World Beehive Project - I build one of every popular beehive in the world!

Some content available on archive.org and cached on yahoo !
    Sig

[QUOTE=dan k 1;469423]Your web site has been a great resource of info especially for new bees like me. I am saddened to see you go, but, fully understand.
    Best wishes

First year beek. I found you site first.Great info thanks Bwrangler.

Pat

Really sad to see his site closed. It was great resource and will sure be missed.
    Sig

It's his choice, of course, but I wish he would leave the site up even if he doesn't have time to spend on it. It was a great resource.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I will miss him and his site. I enjoyed all aspects of the site not just the beekeeping portion. My son and daughters have spent time looking through it with me.

That is sad. Like to many others, you will be missed a lot.
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

That was really sad. I am on the verge of becoming a beekeeper, and have been trough the whole site - learning a lot while reading. I was planing on using the site for reference(together with Michael Bush's site) when I get my actual hives next year.

I understand that someone may become a bit fed up, but still hope that he may put the site back up with a little note saying that it's only for reference, is not updated and that he does not want to be contacted.

Hi Guys,

In the short term, I've decided to leave BWrangler.com up as an archival resource. It's been moved to another web host at a minimal cost, that's little more than the cost of the domain name registration.

Everything should be back online sometime Monday.

In the long term, I've decided to migrate much of the BWrangler content to Wordpress.com. And I've already begun the process. Their servers are stable, secure and free.

Regarding the B part of BWrangling, the verdict is still out. Migratory beekeeping has been a necessity here. But I no longer have the means or the desire to move bees around. I'm scouting out a couple of permanent locations.

If it's possible to keep bees there, I will continue on.

Regards
    Dennis
    I once wrangled bees. But now, knowing better, I just let them bee.
    http://talkingstick.me/category/bees/

Last update per archive.org is November 2004. Assuming that is accurate, I'd hang it up too if I hadn't updated the site in 5 years. Here's the link... http://web.archive.org/web/200411290...ewrangler.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beenovice View Post
    Some content available on archive.org and cached on yahoo !

November 2004 was far from the last update to BWrangler's site. If you haven't seen it, you shouldn't comment on it. I've been visiting his site for a few years now, and have found it a very good source of information and inspiration. I for one am glad that it will be archived for future reference. Thanks BWrangler!
    "The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets" Will Rogers

Key:

first of all, I find your post to be rude. Second of all, since you are new here and have no clue who Bwrangler is, I would just sit back, drink a beer and read what he has, throughout his time, contributed to the beekeeping world. Or maybe in your words.... you should hang up your veil and move on............
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Hi Guys,

I think I've been back to my BWrangler site a few times since 2004. But I don't know anything about that other BeeWrangler site. I guess there are BWranglers and BeeWranglers. :>)

A half dozen years ago Archive.org was a great resource. But it's gone way downhill since then. I wouldn't put any trust in either it's accuracy or timeliness anymore.

It's a bit quirky, as it will find an index page separately and miss those lower level pages linked to it.

Yet it will sometimes find isolated lower level pages and not link them to the index page. I think the second it finds a copyright notice it chokes.

And the lack of archived images often makes the text worthless. I no longer resubmit my site to them when I make significant changes. It's just a waste of time.

Sometimes I wish I had a dollar for every hour I've spent on the BWrangler site. Or maybe just some comp time lumped together for a very long vacation.

Maybe that other BeeWrangler is smarter than this one. Maybe, instead of typing, he's made those dollars and taken a long vacation.

But here I sit typing away again. :>))))

The site's up and running now at http://www.bwrangler.com

Enjoy!

Regards
    Dennis
    I once wrangled bees. But now, knowing better, I just let them bee.
    http://talkingstick.me/category/bees/

Folks I was just trying to be helpful by posting the link. I also said "if this is accurate" referring to the 2004 date. I'm obviously leaving open the possibility that the date is wrong. In no way did I intend to insult BWrangler.

Thank you for making all that information available again.

I am at the other side of the big pond, and it seems like I will have to wait a couple of days before my DNS will find your site again.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyBeeper View Post
    Folks I was just trying to be helpful by posting the link. I also said "if this is accurate" referring to the 2004 date. I'm obviously leaving open the possibility that the date is wrong. In no way did I intend to insult BWrangler.
    It was the "I'd hang it up too if I hadn't updated the site in 5 years" part - Indicating that it was just some abandoned site with outdated information that one might as well take away.

That may be correct with the site you linked to, but check out the BWrangler site now that it gets back online*, and you will see why people has such high regards about it.

*You may get DNS error instead for a couple of days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast