Default all american queens

what is the good and bad. i heard thay get hot .the queen are from weavers in TX. heard there buckfest are hot two . AA queen are thay good or not ?

Default Re: all american queens

I've bought them a few times. I've had a few that were really gentle as well as some that I just flat didn't want to be around. Most were somewhere in between. Aside from temperment they were all pretty good bees.

I have some of the All Stars from B Weaver. B Weaver does not offer what they called Buckfast anymore. R Weavers site does offer them. When I was getting ready to buy. I bought from B/W because of the good customer service I had read about them. All that being said. Their bees are great! Good honey producers, gental and easy to work. I will be buying more of their queens in the future.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

I purchased Beeweaver queen in the spring, they are my best. They are a little aggressive, but not to much so. They are not to hot to work, but defensive enough to ward off any robbing. That's the way I look at them anyway.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

I purchased a couple of All American packages from R. Weaver this Spring. I ordered them over the internet and picked them up in Navasota; everyone there was friendly and helpful from initial purchase to receipt.

This is my first year, but I haven't had any problem with the bees. They even had a little excess honey this year! I'm quite satisfied.

Walt
    "Having Fun with Nature"
    www.rgf-tx.com

I have ordered both packages, and queens from them. Have been very satisfied with their service and bees. Very nice people to do bussines with.

I started with r-weaver 3#package last year.Split this year the bees they call all american are just italian bee mixed with buckfast or some other breeds.when i started, there was little to no bees in my area, went looking before i started raising bees.The bee i found was little and dark black.but not many of them seen 2 on 160 acres. figured they mostly died when they sprayed for grasshoppers a few years back.I have 1 russian "yugo"carni mix,1r-weaver italians.Did 1 split using 1 deep frame eggs/with some capped brood,1 med supper frame mostly cpped honey and one frame just started drawing comb.placed in observation hive started on june 23 they made there own queen open mated.used eggs from russian/carni hive.
    http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_100_0307.jpg .obhive to day looks like http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_100_0457.jpg .The 4th hive i removed from wall from city builbing mutts that was sprayed with pesticide.placed in new box when you capture, Don't use old comb when spayed they will abscond next day or 2 mine tried it on day 2.recaptured placed on new drawed combs of honey seem to be doing well they superceded the old spayed queen or she died.wanted to use spayed hive as a control subject for survivabilty see if they become sick after a year and collapse.They tried to abscond after a few days just recaptured them.Gave to brother-in-law the 5th hive i caught filled 2 deep brood boxes.