Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bee-Quick or BeeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. Laury View Post
    Bee Go; the sweet smell of success!
    Ca-Ching, Ca-Ching!

So I used Bee-Go because of this thread and it worked like a champ. But, I left my boards in the back of my truck and it was a warm night. The wind was just right for the draft to come in the front door of the house. Boy oh Boy was the wife unhappy when she figured out why there was this faint smell of puke wisping through the house. Not to mention the honey spill in the Kitchen after I forgot to shut off the valve on the extractor when the bucket filled.

(I know old thread).

Slow learner huh
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

If you had used Honey robber instead, there would have only been that pleasant cherry aroma in the house.

I try to leave the fume boards in the beeyard , if it will be convenient to pick them up for the next yard to pull. Otherwise if you have to bring them home, put them in doubled up large garbage bags and keep them as far from the house as possible.

If you spill the BeeGo use household ammonia on it. Kills the odor fast! Spilled a pint bottle in my pickup last week and got some nasty looks at every stop light on the way home. Sprayed it with a little ammonia and presto, no more smell. BeeGo works the best, by far, of any of the fume products. If you're only pulling a few hives any of them will work; when you're looking at several hundred supers you need BeeGo unless you just plain enjoy sitting in a beeyard waiting for something to happen and watching your truck rust.

i use beego it works great! realy cant say i have ever had smell problem then again i dont spill any on me i spill it on the fume boards.

peppermint essential oil on cotton facial pad works graet for clearing the bees from any thing

I'm just curious, If you were to get Bee-go on something or accidently spray it somewhere you didn't intend to spray it, how would you get the smell out?

Quote Originally Posted by amyrush2012 View Post
    I'm just curious, If you were to get Bee-go on something or accidently spray it somewhere you didn't intend to spray it, how would you get the smell out?
    If you had taken a little time to actually read the thread you would have found that the answer to your question is a scant three posts back from it.
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b

Without looking into it, I would be concerned about what fumes are released (if any) mixing ammonia with an acid.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me
    Other times I can barely see. -The Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by deknow View Post
    Without looking into it, I would be concerned about what fumes are released (if any) mixing ammonia with an acid.
    Ammonia is a [weak] base, it will [help] neutralize an acid. Your kidneys make ammonia to neutralize excess acid in the body. Ammonia is a precursor to the formation of numerous other substances in the organic chemistry of living things.

Mixing ammonia with chlorine can be bad, as it will convert to nitrogen and hydrogen chloride, and the hydrogen chloride will convert to hydrochloric acid on contact with atmospheric humidity (which is why you don't want to mix ammonia and chlorine cleaning products)...and if there is enough excess chlorine you will produce nitrogen trichloride (NCl3), which will go BOOM! rather easily.
    Last edited by BadBeeKeeper; 06-05-2016 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Goofed the reaction- NCl3 not HCl3
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12