Thread: Hello from NC

Default Hello from NC

Greetings Beefolk,

I'm a (very) amateur beekeeper based in CHapel Hill, NC. I'd love to connect with folks in the area - especially folks with an interest in alternatives to routine medication. I'm by no means a fundamentalist about it (I'm a newbie, and want to learn from everyone) but I can't help but worry about the routine applications of antibiotics that seem to be so prevalent in all the how to guides I read.

On a separate note, I've been writing some about beekeeping for TreeHugger and Planet Green (part of the Discovery Network). We are going to be showing The Last Beekeeper documentary on Planet Green this saturday night - followed by an online discussion that I am moderating from 10pm onwards. I'd love to get as diverse a group of bee keepers, bee enthusiasts, expers, amateurs - whatever, on there to get the dialogue going. Details are here:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/...ted-forum.html

Any ideas on who else I should be reaching out to are greatly appreciated! I look forward to learning from you all.

Sami

Default Re: Hello from NC

Hi Sami! Welcome to Beesource!

Quote Originally Posted by SamiG View Post
    I'm a (very) amateur beekeeper based in CHapel Hill, NC. I'd love to connect with folks in the area...
    Have you checked into a local beekeeping club? Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected with local beeks.
    http://www.ncbeekeepers.org/chapters.htm

Default Re: Hello from NC

Thanks Indypartridge,

Yeah - there is a local chapter. I am intending to join - though with my first baby due any day, I've been wary of any more time commitments... But yes, it's on my list...