Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    2

    Default Greetings from Malaysia!

    Hi there,

    I have a five acre melon farm in Morib, Malaysia. I just bought 3 boxes of bees to start as a hobby. I have no knowledge on bee keeping, except information I have read on the internet so far.

    Good day to all.

    Endah

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    4,425

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Hi Endah,
    Welcome, There is a lot of good information for you here.
    Maybe you can find Malaysian beekeeper to talk to.

    Have Fun,
    Dan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jennings, Florida, USA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Welcome Endah!! I am a Newbee as well! This forum is excellent.....there are excellent beekeepers and information on this site....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    HI Endah,
    I am also from Malaysia. Looking for bees for my strawberry project here. Can you let me know where to buy bees in Malaysia? Thanks in advance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rader, Greene County, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    7,810

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Welcome to Beesource!

    You may wish to try sending a PM (private message) to other beekeepers from Malaysia that are Beesource members. One of them may be of assistance in helping you source bees. There are 8 Beesource members located in Malaysia. You can do your search here:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/memb....php?do=search
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pickens County, South Carolina, US
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Welcome to the site!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alachua County, FL, USA
    Posts
    7,827

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Welcome Endah!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Ngiam View Post
    HI Endah,
    I am also from Malaysia. Looking for bees for my strawberry project here. Can you let me know where to buy bees in Malaysia? Thanks in advance.
    Hello,

    You can get it from a bee farm in Malacca. They are not cheap, a producing box is RM1,800. The place is located at Bkt Katil. Contact is Mr Ong 013-6267591.

    Have fun!

    Endah

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by Endah View Post
    Hello,

    You can get it from a bee farm in Malacca. They are not cheap, a producing box is RM1,800. The place is located at Bkt Katil. Contact is Mr Ong 013-6267591.

    Have fun!

    Endah
    Terima Kasih Endah for your quick reply. The information will proved to be most helpful. Thanks to all the people here for the warm greetings and suggestions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kedah, Malaysia
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Hi Endah. i am a local bee keeping from Kedah. Currently we 2 type of bees. Apis Mellifera and Apis Trigonas. You can check it out at www.madusik.net

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Hello,
    Beekeeper in Belgium with my wife, we have a project to visit beekeepers over the world. By visiting beekeepers in different country we would like to share different experiences with beekeepers, taste different honeys.
    We will be in visit in Malaysia in July and I would like to visit some beekeepers. If some of you are interested to share with Belgian beekeepers, don't hesitate to contact me.

    Pierre & Katia

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Staines, England
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hello,
    Beekeeper in Belgium with my wife, we have a project to visit beekeepers over the world. By visiting beekeepers in different country we would like to share different experiences with beekeepers, taste different honeys.
    We will be in visit in Malaysia in July and I would like to visit some beekeepers. If some of you are interested to share with Belgian beekeepers, don't hesitate to contact me.

    Pierre & Katia
    Hi Pierre,

    Do you have a website? It will be very interesting to learn from you and to see how others in the world keep their bees.

    Sam

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by samw View Post
    Hi Pierre,

    Do you have a website? It will be very interesting to learn from you and to see how others in the world keep their bees.

    Sam
    Hi Sam,

    I have not yet a website but I just followed a training to create one. So in a few weeks it should be there. I will keep you posted. By the way from where are you ?
    I planned to visit beekeeper over the world during my futur travel. So if you are somewhere where I could passed, it will be a great pleasure to met you.

    KR,

    Pierre

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Staines, England
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hi Sam,

    I have not yet a website but I just followed a training to create one. So in a few weeks it should be there. I will keep you posted. By the way from where are you ?
    I planned to visit beekeeper over the world during my futur travel. So if you are somewhere where I could passed, it will be a great pleasure to met you.

    KR,

    Pierre
    Hi Peirre,

    I am in UK. I am a newbie to beekeeping, currently attending a practical beekeeping training. I am keen to visit bee farms in China and Spain in future. Since they are the key honey exporters in the world, there must be a lot that I can learn from them. How about you? Where do you have in mind for your future bee farm visit after Malaysia?

    Sam
    Last edited by samw; 06-05-2015 at 05:25 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Staines, England
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by Endah View Post
    Hi there,

    I have a five acre melon farm in Morib, Malaysia. I just bought 3 boxes of bees to start as a hobby. I have no knowledge on bee keeping, except information I have read on the internet so far.

    Good day to all.

    Endah

    Hi Endah,

    How is your beekeeping hobby? do you have pictures of your beehives and bees to show?

    Thanks.

    Sam

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by samw View Post
    Hi Peirre,

    I am in UK. I am a newbie to beekeeping, currently attending a practical beekeeping training. I am keen to visit bee farms in China and Spain in future. Since they are the key honey exporters in the world, there must be a lot that I can learn from them. How about you? Where do you have in mind for your future bee farm visit after Malaysia?

    Sam
    Hi Sam, after Malaysia, I have contact in Bali. We are also new in beekeeping. It is why visit to other can help a lot.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Staines, England
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Greetings from Malaysia!

    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hi Sam, after Malaysia, I have contact in Bali. We are also new in beekeeping. It is why visit to other can help a lot.
    What types of beehive do you use in Belgium? In UK we generally use the traditional wooden ones. We call it "national hives", it is square in size, people usually stack 2 brood boxes at the bottom, 3 supers in the middle and lastly a flat roof box on top. Have you seen anyone use polystyrene Langstroth or the plastic Beehaus hive? They both seem to be quite easy to maintain.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads