Default Greetings from Greene County, Ohio

I am new to this site but I am not a new beek, I've had my hives for three years and having a great time. There's never a dull moment and there is always an opportunity to educate someone who doesn't have bees.

Today, as as matter of fact, as I sat at a local ice cream/farm restaurant enjoying s bowl of black raspberry decadence, a honeybee came and landed on my spoon, shortly followed by another. That was a conversation starter!
    We are in a heavy dearth right now and though I am feeding my girls at home, I see bees in other places that are desperate.

Winter will soon be here and I already look forward to next spring. I currently am not using any chems of any sort in my hives, instead, using the powdered sugar/screened bottom boards method for the past two years and am having good success so far.
    See you in the threads!

Default Re: Greetings from Greene County, Ohio

welcome beesweetie
    "Any fool can learn, the trick is to understand - Einstein"

Default Re: Greetings from Greene County, Ohio

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you are off to a great start. Keep everyone posted on your non-chem approach. There is a lot of interest in alternative pest management practices and it would be fantastic to see a thread tracking your methods and success, perhaps in the Diseases and Pests section. We wish you continued success, enjoy!
    To everything there is a season....