Default WI Nectar Pouring In

I went today to continue pulling the summer crop and reducing the size of the hive to make it easier pulling the fall crop. I ended up having to leave alot of supers on. Last week they had the moisture content down so I was going to consolidate finished frames and take it off. What I found was several frames of fresh nectar in just about every box. I was amazed with even full capped supers that had any space available(empty super above it) had "shake out". Maybe I should call it "pour out", tip the comb and the nectar poured out. If the weather holds 1-2 supers each of honey could be made yet. The first yard I thought it was because of the alfalfa field in bloom but the next 3 yards don't have any blooming alfalfa close by. What every yard did have close by was lot's of golden rod and joe pye weed. I didn't see much aster blooming.

Default Re: WI Nectar Pouring In

Alot here too in Lake Geneva. This last few weeks have been great.

Good flow going yet, Frost Aster and Golden Rod being worked heavily. I pulled all supers from half of my yards now I think a super should be put back on the heavy strong ones.

Here in N. Illinois things are going great. Largest flow of the year for me, and it's still going strong. Let's hope the weather holds.

I checked my hives last weekend and the bee's were working hard and packing the supers tight, I added a super to each hive last weekend, gonna check them tommorrow and see how they are doing. hope this nice weather holds for a few more weeks.
    Steve Wenger
    Gentleman farmer/7 year Bee Keeper

I should end up with a 120 lb average glad I waited to pull

As you little round ball fans are apt to say "swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning". Unfortunately allot of the hives lost momentum mid summer, and where caught with less than peak populations when things turned around. Wishing the best to all my fellow cheeseheads.

Roland

Went to Wi to check my hives this week....all bee yards were bringing in some nectar...but only one had that good smell of fresh nectar. Since first of August I may have made a additional ten lbs on Ave. Hope to have a 50 lb ave. 90% of bees were strong in June..full of bees. A disappointing year considering what things looked like early. Very dry in my area.

I took supers to 4 yards I had pulled all honey supers from, leaving them in 1 1/2 story 8 days ago. Over 50 % had packed the top super(6 5/8) and were back filling the deep. Most others had all upper comb fattened,white waxed and backfilling all brood that was in upper super. 132 out of 142 needed a super, they already have more than I wanted in them for honey this time of year( losing profit). 7 day forecast here is sunny, next 3 days in the lower 80's and the following 4 in the mid to upper 70's. I don't have a hive scale but I think they are adding 2+ lbs a day for last 10 days.

My closest yard to you is about 35 miles east of Tunnel City. I was there Wed....making a living and a little fresh honey in super but not much!.. VERY DRY! I would guess they are 80 miles from you, all but one yard about the same. It is father south and I'm wondering if they got more rain.

Beslave, your numbers about match ours, running 1-2 pounds a day for the last 2 weeks on the scale hive. Most of our activity seems to be in the purple asterm not much in the inverted cone shaped goldenrod, a little in the smaller cone shaped goldenrod.
    Very dry here also.
    The hive by the back door of the house stinks good every night.

Roland