Default bees swarm in August

I was in my bee yard about an hour ago,when I noticed alot of activity around my best hive. The sky was black in the yard. When I got close I seen A queen take flight [After the swarm had left] . I check ever thing out. While I am checking the bottom super I see another queen. I have plenty of room, there was lot of brood all stages great patern, some store, have been feeding pollin patties and syrup. Any thoughts ?

Default Re: bees swarm in August

There have been a number of posts here recently about late swarms. A lot of folks are seeing them. Did you have a wet summer? It could have thrown off their normal pattern and the late swarm is kind of 'catch up'.

Bill
    “If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.” - Dale Carnegie

Hive was started in May started from 5 frame nuc. Has also been wet year.

Bird,
    Hope you got them!
    Odd year. Had two swarms from May nucs the first and second week of August. Did a combine of the two swarms about two weeks ago. The combine is building the most beautiful lemon yellow comb you'd ever want to see. Plan on doing a lot of feeding.
    I think the rain forced the bees to stay indoors so much they think they're overcrowded.

Not able to get them. I did a rescue yesterday 8 deep frames of caped brood. Couldn't get all the bees in 10 frame box, put them together for winter split in spring.good idea or not.
    Thanks