Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

How did ya'll come up with your handle?

25K views 159 replies 144 participants last post by  farmerted 
#1 ·
You know. The name you login with. I went with Derek because it is well...my name. I am thinking about changing my handle to something cool.

BaconStreetBees is my favorite handle that I see. No particular reason. ;):D

Just curious.....

#6 ·
Ha! What a thread!!

Well y`all know the Michelin man from the tire commercials... I acquired that nick name a while back... seems like him and me have the same physique. It was a laugh back then and the name just stuck.

Luc

#11 ·
My Dad gave me a used name of George (G) and since I am the third generation of them (3) and since i still live on the little family farm

So it comes out G3farms

G3

#17 ·
I live beyond the sidewalks and off the grid. Beyondthesidewalksoffthegrid was more characters than I could type in for a handle so it got shortened to beyondthesidewalks. I got the idea from a magazine back in the early 1990s and decided I wanted to live out here. Here I am. Use the full handle wherever I can.

PS. After we lived fully off the grid for 7 years I gave in to my wifes desire to live more like normal people and now we're technically not off the grid anymore. We still have all of our solar panels and batteries. We just use the grid to supplement our power when consumption is greater than production. Beats maintaining a generator although we still have that too for those times when the grid goes down.

#26 ·
Couldn't think of anything cute that wasn't taken. Couldn't much think of anything cute at all. So, went with the name. First name was also taken, though I've never seen it in a post. And being from Tx, half the family always called me Terri Lynn anyway, kinda had Lynn as a nickname for a while then in the music biz everyone knew me as only Lynn. So, I guess they both kinda worked.

Derek, I definitely think if you're going to change, it should be something exciting like Ham Bone. Or naked bee man. I still crack up when I think of that photo you posted with a line something like 'I'm Derek, nice to meet ya." Maybe you should be Funny Bone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.