Default Chinese executive Boa Zhong Zhang pleads guilty to conspiracy to smuggle goods into t

Honey Importers Caught, Convicted and to be Sentenced in November. A good day for U.S. Beekeepers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Alan Harman

CATCH THE BUZZ

Honey Importers Caught, Convicted and to be Sentenced in November. A good day for U.S. Beekeepers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Alan Harman
    Chinese executive Boa Zhong Zhang pleads guilty to conspiracy to smuggle goods into the United States by using false statements and to introducing adulterated foods into interstate commerce.

The Seattle Times reports the plea agreement in U.S. District Court in Seattle means the vice president of Changge Jixiang Bee Products Ltd. in Henan, China, faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine when he is sentenced on Nov. 30.

Still facing trial are Chung Po Liu of Bellevue, 68, owner of Rainier Cascade and Evergreen Produce, and Yong Xiang Yan, 60, board chairman of the Chinese honey company.
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Default Re: Chinese executive Boa Zhong Zhang pleads guilty to conspiracy to smuggle goods in

GREAT NEWS Ernie thanks for posting to us.
    I'll bet they're glad not to be sentenced under Chinese law.

Default Re: Chinese executive Boa Zhong Zhang pleads guilty to conspiracy to smuggle goods in

I wonder which member of the National Honey Board they were working with importing their garbage?
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Whatever happened to Bob Coyle, .... did he lose his house, is he still on the National Honey Board??????

he appears to have fallen off all of the news stories about this, but his name is still on the nhb website as being on the board:
    http://honey.com/about/

deknow

With a name like boa you figured the guy might of been better off selling snake oil, but transhipped honey, hmmm I guess he missed his calling in life. I wonder if he'd like to have visitors during his incarceration?

Jean-Masrc

I just had a conversation today with some folks about the import delima. If you hear of a packer buying honey from Washington, Idaho, Montana, U.P. Michigan, or other Northern states please inform us here. We have have heard about a few packers (whos name will not be mentioned her) buying white honey from those states at .85 to .95 per pound. Given what it takes to produce a pound of honey in this day and age in the U.S. I can not help but suspect that this is relabeled honey from.............south east asia, or over seas. Times they be a changin' if a beek wants to stay in business, we need to crack down.......Thanks for the post on bust and lets all hope more are in the works.

I heard that they have been importing it under the description "honey syrup", which is supposed to be a HFCS/Honey blend, but in reality turns out to be 100% chinese honey. It would not take much to re-package it and sell it as locally produced honey.
    "The UNKNOWN, huh? That would be SNORBERT ZANGOX over in Waycross."