Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Default Re: Dealings with Long Creek Apiary

Forgot to mention that you have received partial payment. Ya becha! Also, of 81 different posters, 6 posters have accounted for over 38% of the posts.
    Last edited by beemaster01; 10-05-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beemaster01 View Post
    Forgot to mention that you have received partial payment. Ya becha! Also, of 81 different posters, 6 posters have accounted for over 38% of the posts.
    Serious?
    you owe a beek $700 plus from 2008 and all you can say or yammer about is BETCHA? 10% of a payment you might have sent? $70 minimum of the $700 plus owed from 2008, what is wrong with this picture and what planet are you on? money the beek paid you and you stole from, just like the rest of us, and you couch it in threats of going out of business or bankruptcy or whatever of the excuses you have given each one of us for your personal problems and then some? not to mention all your bark of intimidation……Serious….
    betcha
    you won’t post here how many beeks you owe money to and
    betcha you won’t tell how much money you owe from those you have stolen from to keep yourself afloat.
    betcha you won’t say how many partial payments you have sent out. ( i didn't send you a partial payment for the 7 packages i paid for and never received). seems to me after Utah got on your butt, you decided maybe you should make some ‘good effort’ to pay back what you have stolen, in case some state, or the federal government, decides to take a look at your upstanding business practices. looking forward to another pleasant email from you....

You and the other top 5 posters helped push Long Creek into bankruptcy which is what you wanted so why the complaints?

They pushed you into bankruptcy by paying you for bees you never delivered?

You are right. I did forget to mention the partial refund. You cashed my check in December of 2008 and delivered nothing but empty promises, then I received a partial repayment check for 10% of the amount I sent you in good faith in September 2011. With business practices like that how could you expect to stay in business. Besides with soooooooo many satisfied customers you should have absolutely no trouble paying back the money you wrongl took.

Come on guys- stop with the personal attacks.

If you have had a personal experience, good or bad, with a company being discussed, this is the forum to report it. If you are jumping on the bandwagon just to make accusations and insult others, then keep it where it belongs- to yourself.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

What have you lost Dragonfly? I have lost over $700.00

This is my final posting. I have lost money but more importantly, I have lost all confidence in doing any further business via the internet or mail concerning bee packages or queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
    What have you lost Dragonfly? I have lost over $700.00
    I understand that. Have you posted that information?
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    I understand that. Have you posted that information?
    dragonfly, rodeo did post the info;

rodeo's posts 318, 319 and 320:

"I paid for eight three pound packages of Russian bees in 2008 and have still not received anything but a bunch of BS. David Winters will cash your check and deliver nothing but empty promises. The sooner he goes out of busniss the better. All I can say is stay away."

"If anyone has any idea how to take actual legal action against LCA that won't cost an arm and a leg, please let me know. I'm from Missouri and so far the only recourse has been the BBB, who can't do anything and the Department of Commerce and Insurance through the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs who can't force Winters to do the right thing. I am super frustrated and really angery about this. He owes me over $700.00."

"There would be no problem if the money that was paid in good faith for merchandise that was never delivered were returned."

There is no reason for me to post to this thread as they will just get deleted. Like this one will.

I ordered two packages this spring and have received the standard 10% refund, so don't delete my post.

After following this thread for a while (too late), there are a couple of thoughts I would like to share.

1. Man, was I stupid for sending a check for the full amount to LCA. Should have seen the warning signs. No credit card processing, needing full amount. Taught me the lesson of doing research before sending money. I'm old enough that I should have known better.

2. I understand some of the problems that LCA has experienced are uncontrollable and unpredictable. Farming is like that. What is different in this case, it seems, is that LCA "customers" were actually "investors", risking their capital with a payoff of bees. Most farmers do not require their customers to share the capital risk of raising the product, maybe bees are different, but I suspect not.

3. Complaints from LCA that this forum is forcing him in to bankruptcy may be true, but the experience of LCA's "investors" and their poor return is fact. "Investors" sharing that fact with potential other "investors" is part of the free market system. Turning "investors" back into "customers" seems to be the only way out but probably too late. I have seem numerous post from customers who have received bees and were happy with the product.

4. This spring I ordered two nucs from a local commercial producer who also experienced weather issues and then queen quality issues. I was sent three emails a week before each projected delivery date informing me and others of the situation. On the third email, the company offered a full refund of my DEPOSIT which I requested and promptly received. Totally opposite experience compared to LCA. I will be ordering from them next year.

5. This thread probably ought to be closed to new comments soon. Time to move on and plan for next year.

A business does not go bankrupt because of a forum thread. Bankruptcy can be a result of factors beyond the business' control such as weather, market dynamics, etc. But the most common cause is failure to tend to business. If long creek apiaries is indeed going down the tubes, then the problem resides at long creek apiaries, not with this forum and certainly not with the very real purchasers who have been stiffed.

DarJones
    DarJones - 44 years, 10 colonies (max 40), sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 11 frame broodnest, small cell

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
    A business does not go bankrupt because of a forum thread.
    I'm not picking sides because I don't know this man or his burdens, But I think the INTERNET has much more power than you think.....heard of the Arab spring (INTERNET helped it be successful)
    Honeydew

My point Honeydew is that if the business had been run as a business, then there never would have been a forum thread.

DarJones
    DarJones - 44 years, 10 colonies (max 40), sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 11 frame broodnest, small cell

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYDEW View Post
    I'm not picking sides because I don't know this man or his burdens, But I think the INTERNET has much more power than you think.....heard of the Arab spring (INTERNET helped it be successful)
    A person could get together with five or six of his friends, register with various names on beesource and start a thread on beesource. Twenty or thirty bystanders would jump in with their comments multiple times, register complaints with the BBB (it takes only three to get a bad rating), and with links to the business tied to that thread all over the internet, that business is toast. Far fetched? Not at all if you add entire blogs devoted to the subject repeating everything over and over and links all over the web to these pages. Unfortunately, if there is many pages and many comments from different people, the uninformed reader KNOWS it is ALL TRUE.

I find it a bit surprising that the news is not getting spread even faster. Evidence right there alone that the internet is not that powerful of a tool. People are still placing orders with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    I find it a bit surprising that the news is not getting spread even faster. Evidence right there alone that the internet is not that powerful of a tool. People are still placing orders with you.
    Another bystander with a comment to support what I said. We have never accepted orders this early. All reader need to do is look at the webpage.

But you took orders this past spring, without filling previous orders or refunding money.
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

Maybe it is time to awaken this post and David Winters on this cold winter morning, as I plan and budget for the coming beekeeping season. David, do you really anticipate sending a full refund, to all of us who you owe refunds to, as you have stated over and over again? there is nothing like receiving a late christmas gift that you have wished for, for years on end,I'm still checking my mailbox every day for that postmark from Parrotsville, Tenn.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast