Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dealings with Long Creek Apiaries

I order two packages and have not heard anything, except for banner on website. Lack of communication is very frustrating.

Well, last Friday I was emailed and told my bees would be shipped Monday. It is now Friday again and the bees have had plenty of time to come the 4 hours from TN to my house. So, my bees are over a month late and I have recieved nothing but excuses. No bees, and no refund. Based on all I have read I can say I probably will never get a refund. If I am lucky I might get some bees in a year or two. Thank goodness I went ahead and got a hive locally once Long Creek's bees didn't show up on time.

Yes, I understand that bees don't do what we want a lot of times. I understand that due to weather issues they may not be making enough bees to send to all the orders. But that does not excuse telling me over and over my bees will be sent next and then not doing it. It also does not excuse not refunding my money. I paid for a product and have not received it. At this point, I doubt I will. It is too hot in my opinion to ship. And even if he emailed me (yet again) and promised to ship this coming Monday, I wouldn't buy it.

As for what group I belong to? I am upset. I don't think I'm in the pissed group although I should be. $120 covers my gas for a month and it's my money until I get bees. I understand supply issues. But I also understand dealing honestly with the public. If you can't make the delivery on time you should contact the buyers and offer them their money back and tell them a precise delivery date if they wish to wait. This has not been done.

What has happened is that the lack of communication and failure to supply product or refund money has added another black mark to Long Creek. Every one of these marks just puts another nail in the coffin for his business. One more person out there who CANNOT RECOMMEND DEALING WITH LONG CREEK. In my time I have seen many good businesses go belly up because they cut corners and didn't deal with people in a forthright manner. It is a death of a thousand cuts and one easily avoided. Karma, it's what's for dinner.

So, to sum it up:
    • I don't have my bees a month later
    • I don't have a refund
    • I don't expect to get my bees or my refund

AND
    • Even if I do get my bees, the lack of response and the overall experience means I could not recommend doing business with Long Creek

I really wish it was different. I really wanted Carnis.

So, there you have it. Another warning to others. Save your money and get your bees elsewhere.

Here is his BBB review:

http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busines...le-tn-90010951

I recommend every person with an issue file with the TN BBB and consider a complaint with the secretary of state....

Quote Originally Posted by llang View Post
    Here is his BBB review:

http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busines...le-tn-90010951

I recommend every person with an issue file with the TN BBB and consider a complaint with the secretary of state....
    I just don't have the big bucks to buy an A+ rating like the big companies. They have been caught doing that, its a fact. Actually there is a reference to the rate buying scheme somewhere else on Beesource.

Here is an outside link to prove the point: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/busine...ry?id=12123843
    Last edited by beemaster01; 06-25-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: more information

Excuse # xxx……

Instead of addressing the last several posts about not shipping bees when promised, providing refunds and no communication you yammer on about a bbb scheme. What is your scheme?

You have created your own 'f' rating, from your own unacceptable business practices, not the bbb.

Maybe you ought to focus on what you promised earlier in this thread, SHIPPING BEES and PROVIDING REFUNDS. (post # 194):

“The goals for Long Creek in 2011 are 1) fill all orders from past years, 2) refund all money for those that don't want the bees, 3) fill all current orders “.

1 year ago on June 29, 2010, I demanded a refund from you for $740.00, where is it?

I really thought, with a normal year, we could get everything taken car of but again unusual weather nationwide has taken its toll on beekeepers and bee breeders. This situation is summed up very well by this article at : http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-20...0.archive.html written by none other than Kim Flottum at Bee Culture.

I will be offering single colonies for sale this year to obtain the money to pay all those that I owe. For those that are close enough to pick them up, you can apply your balance toward colonies of bees. If it means selling every hive that I own, so be it. I can't fight the weather as I have now lost that battle three years in a row. Quitting is not in my nature, but I know when I can't win. There are those that will not be satisfied until Long Creek is closed and they can wear their arms out patting themselves on the back. Sure I have made a lot of mistakes but I don't claim to be anything but human. But I will defend myself so don't see this as a sign of weakness. Forums and Blogs are not longer protected speech determined by a Supreme Court ruling which means you are responsible for what you write. Suit and countersuit. After all, if I must use money that would go to refunds to defend myself, why not fight back because the money is spent anyway. The only ones that make anything thing in the end is the lawyers. Long Creek has limited assets, not need wasting them on lawyers instead of refunds. Everyone will be repaid, it will just take some time. I expect 20 or 30 rebuttals but so be it.

It is interesting how you cite weather and so forth.. claiming to be ethical while your business practices clearly demonstrate a total lcak of ethics. I just visited your website, I find it very interesting that you are still accepting orders for packages and queens. Yet based on customers here you are YEARS behind in shipping. One might think, if you were a man of your word, that you would STOP accepting orders and focus on "righting your wrongs".

I am a business man myself... so I can appreciate the need of going bankrupt.. yeah it sucks to screw your old customers... but I frankly have to question why you continue to accept orders.. One might start to think you are running a ponzi scheme of bees.....

Also you might want to read your page entitled "Order Terms and Conditions". As one may consider this as a straight forward contract - buyers are acepting the terms upon purchase - however you also must abide by those conditions. Failure to do so becomes a straight forward breach of contract.

Of course it is also interesting you no longer accept credit cards - Claiming you are protecting your customers from being cheated... That to me is a tell tale sign of poor ethics.. since this results in your POOR customers loosing ALL protection against a "business man" that is currently demonstrating ethics and rofessional behavior.. of course all of this is my personal opinion...

Maybe you need to refresh your cache as all that was changed days ago. Only thing you can order is queens after August 1st until august 31st.

Mr. Winters,
    I'm not in the "ticked off" group and I'm not interested in busting your chops, but I am disappointed that I haven't received any updates or replies to my email inquiries. I really just want to know, will I get the 3# package of Russians that I paid for this year and is there any way we can work together to fill the order? I have a friend in Knoxville that I could probably get to pick up the bees and take them to a post office, but I'm so new at this, I don't know if it's too hot to ship them?
    Thank you.

Agreed. What is the probability I will get my bees before it is too late in the season? And what can be done to facilitate getting the bees? I don't have the time to drive 9 hours round trip for the bees, though.

And, if it can't be done, can I have a refund?

Smile Re: Dealings with Long Creek Apiaries

In a major shock to the system, I just received a call from the post office. My bees have arrived. A little late, but they're here. I'll know more once I picked them up.

This has raised my opinions somewhat, I must say. At least some orders are getting out.

OK, bees picked up. The package seems just fine. This is my first package ever so take that with a grain of salt. The bees were happily buzzing and very, very, very few dead ones on the bottom. I will hive them this evening.

Again, it seems to me he is trying to get a handle on this. I do hope he can continue to do so and I hope everyone gets their bees or refunds.

Wonderful news, Francus! Glad to hear you got your Carnis. Maybe good things will happen and the Russians will also start producing more bees that Mr. Winters can ship. Thanks for the update!

After 7 inches rain in the last 8 days, the sun is finally shining. We will be shipping starting on Tuesday. Can't ship the rest of this week because if there is only a short delay in the post office, bees won't arrive until Tuesday and will probably be dead. Russians have a very quick buildup, overwinter with fewer bees, and use less honey during the winter. Therefore you can start Russians much later than Italians and still have time to get them ready for winter. Most bee books are geared around Italians so much of the info there is wrong if you have Russians. I just wish that someone will write a bee book devoted to Russian bees.

I'm wishing us both good weather, Mr. Winters! We've been having horrible, unseasonable, unpredictable weather here in Missouri as well, and having a farm, we are familiar with and can sympathize with the setbacks and delay weather can cause. You probably would be able to write a very good book about Russians, based on your history with them (at least, from what I read on your website).

I placed an order for two packages in January 2011 and can't get an answer to emails, and their voice mail box is full. How do you get in touch with these people? I am three hours driving time away. Since it is so late in the season I could possibly pick them up but can't even get in touch with them.

Communication with him is hit or miss. I never got a call back from voice mail I left. And I got maybe 25% or so response from email.

It is pretty late in the season. I live 4 hours away and considered driving to get my bees before they showed up.

That is one of my major complaints here, the lack of communication. Someone earlier suggested he number the orders. Then he could just put "shipping orders 50-65 today" or something on his site and people could know what is going on.

I hope you get your bees.

Just keep trying to reach him, either through this thread or emails. He emailed me yesterday that my Russians have shipped, and through the post office tracking, they should arrive here on July 7 - on my son's 4th birthday! That will be a special surprise for him, going to pick up his "birthday bees". He loves all things bees.

Long Creek Apiaries webpage is now showing he will be selling the colonies starting August 1. If you live so close that might be the best option, he will apply whatever you've already paid toward the colony.

I'll post after the bees arrive and I get them hived. Most other responses indicate the overall quality of his stock is really good.

Long Creek posted on it's website that this is the last week they will be shipping packages. It looks like those of us that don't get bees this week will not get any. Last week he emailed me and said my bees are scheduled to ship on Tuesday, but I have not heard that they have actually been shipped. Good luck to all.

Now I see Long Creek changed it to one or two weeks, depending on the weather.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast