Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dealings with Long Creek Apiary

The local Co-Op here will make a copy of bad checks and post them for all to see at the cash registers. That would be very embarrising, but people should be able to keep better books than that.

Magnet-man, I am glad to hear that things worked out for you.

I know nothing about Long Creek but sounds like he needs someone to run his customer service department, people only want answers to questions and can kind of expect "some" delay, but not months on end. My opinion of sending the check back when they can get around to it is just crappy business practice.

G3

Quote Originally Posted by G3farms View Post
    My opinion of sending the check back when they can get around to it is just crappy business practice.
    G3
    I agree that is poor practice.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

I think you're right.. he needs someone to be answering the phones. Bottom line here is he's claiming to have a cash flow problem that shouldn't be "my" problem, yet he's using my money because he has a cash flow problem.. anyone see a problem with this ?????

Quote Originally Posted by magnet-man View Post
    Something funny happened. Both of them called me and said they were sending checks this Friday. Also received a check today for a custom jacket that I made months ago. I must have good Karma.
    Awesome! Sometimes patience and understanding will work wonders. I had noticed that you didn't badmouth anybody, rather a more disappointed understanding that perhaps was read and then remembered and repaid.

Too often our defensiveness or offense at being slighted can prevent us from working issues out.

But then there are some people that will take advantage of that too...

Sounds like he has a pretty good thing going, but just has grown too large for him to manage single handed. You have to admire someone for going into business for themselves, it is very hard and worrysome for sure (I know this first hand). The customers will always come first right along side of your creditors and labor force. The owner is always last to be paid and if he did his homework correctly there will be money for him and the company,

Like I said earlier I know nothing of him but with a few bad dealings he will cut his own throat. I do hope he can get it all lined out and be successful in his endeviors. Beeks are getting fewer and fewer and we need all we can get.

Scads that was well put.

G3

I also sent a good chunk of money to them and got the story of "worst year in thirty years" and still have no refund on russian packages! Please advise as to how to proceed, from other beeks, who had success in getting your money or bees or whatever can be salvaged Thanks

Sad Re: Dealings with Long Creek Apiary

After he told me I would get a refund... um... but he said he never told me "when" I would get it. So, after a couple of months, I went to the BBB of N. Tenn and filed a complaint... did little if anything. Next step was to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Comm... Note that they are not required to do anything just adding his name to the list of bad interstate business. We are presently going through the Atty Generals office of Consumer Protection. They have a little more bite. So far the correspondance has been the same... when he gets the money, he'll send me mine. According to him, he has a "cash flow" problem. He must not have spent my money wisely.... duh. If I get the same ol same ol response from him this time.. my next course is United States Postal Service for mail fraud. He advertised in the American Bee Journal which came through the mail, took my money and never sent me my product.. constitutes mail fraud. I offered him a fair solution to this problem by letting him know that I am a small business and I can except credit cards so payment should be easy... right? Just wonder how many more he has stiffed this way. Good luck to you... hope you recover your money. I'm still fighting for mine...and fight I will. I'd start filing complaints.. maybe start with the Atty Gen. Office of Consumer Protection. I'll keep ya all posted as how things are going.

I know all about being in business... haven't taken a pay in nearly three years... everything goes back into the business and my customers do come first. We had a bad honey production year, but I didn't take orders, cash their checks and say, oops... it's been a bad year for honey, so sorry, I'll get your honey to you next spring. Between our family we probably only have about 60+ hives... mostly all ferral from bee jobs, but it's enough to keep us busy. We do have quite a few of the Russians from splits we've done. Bigest reason I wanted packages was to get some in my own bee yard, but when my brother heard who I was dealing with he just groaned. He had dealings with him the year before and played hell getting his money so finally cut a deal with the guy for some queens and some cash. Guess I'll just have to hound my brother for some queen cells this spring !

What is scaring me now is to hear about all the other people waiting for a refund, not just me. How can anyone take all this money in advance, spend it, then say there is a cash flow problem. We all have a cash flow problem in this business but you still pay your debts to stay in business. Also an offer to give me bees in the next season won't work if they go out of business. We should contact the bee journal and let them know Long Creek is commiting fraud with their advertising in the journal so no one else is added to the list.

Very sorry to hear of all of the people who got taken. It is not right what he did and he should pay out. Sounds like a road trip to me and pick up some of his (or would that be your) hives.

Check one more thing out for the state of Tennessee, and I would not be sure where to find the info at. I have heard that in TN three of his unpaid creditors can file bankrupcy for him. If that is the case he would have to list his assets and if you could get a judgement against him you could pick up some of his said assets.

Best of luck to those who were taken.

G3

He's already said in the reply from the BBB that he may just do that and that I would get nothing if he does. I'll try to google some things or call the Consumer Protection folks and ask about that.

I'm only an 11 hour drive from his place and my brother said "let's go... seems like a good day for a drive" He was selling 10 frame hives "full of honey" for $150.00... gee, I would take a few of those.. how come he didn't think to offer that to me... or maybe they were queenless or better yet, beeless. Good idea about the Bee Journal..just checked and they say and I quote "The publisheres cannot guarantee advertisements in this magazine, but we ask that any advertising complaints be made known to us, so we can further check the company's reliability" There is a phone number and I'm going to call them. Let you know what they say.

Back to you... Just called the American Bee Journal and they have re-instated his ad because he had taken care of the people that went to them to complain. I am a new complaint so they are going to see about pulling his ad from their magazine. What they need and this is for [B][COLOR="Red"][U][I]"everyone out there who has not been satisfied" to contact them at 1-888-922-1293 and they will see that he satisfies your complaint or they won't let him run an ad in their magazine. So bottom line is there anyone out there that has ongoing issues with Long Creek Apiaries !!!

good job piper sounds like you found a little crack to get a good foot hold.

Wonder where else he might advertise.

Thanks piper, I just talked to Marta at ABJ and she had me send an e-mail with my story, and what is owed me, and she will not run his ad until our problems are addressed and taken care of. Thanks for chasing this down and finding this squeeze play. As far as other advertisers , as of yesterday they were listed in this beesource for bees for sale...I think we found a chink in the armour.Piper let me know if you make that trip and what you see... because that thought crossed my mind, to make a road trip and get at least something, although I'm up here in the pinky finger of michigan, I am not getting nothing for my money that is if this ABJ thing does'nt work.....Thanks again for making that call....

I'm dancin'... I'm dancin' Got the mail today and had a check from Long Creek Apiary in it !!! Now, we'll see if the check is good. Holding on to it until Monday before depositing.. calling the bank direct to see. Gotta run to my second job.. good luck ev1 Keep in touch !!

I have recieved my refund.

Oh, yea of little faith! I had informed everyone, including those here posting on this forum, that refunds will be made. Those that have not received their refunds yet will get their money. By the way, posts here had nothing to do with refunds as other people that were due money have also received their refunds. We will be waiting to see if those that have complained in other venues will be as quick to inform them that the situation has bee resolved. I certainly won't hold my breath until that happens!

Its very incouraging to here these success storys, congrats to you folks who got their refunds.... I always liked david and his conversations that I had with him. I just was getting upset with the long delay and total lack of any communication as to what the situation was and any time frame as to when to expect a refund... I hope to see mine soon... I'l let you all know.....

Thank You Beemaster01... I will be contacting the Consumer Protection folks tomorrow to let them know that our case has been resolved. I can't say that I'm sorry for doing what I thought needed to be done. I think you should really consider holding onto checks until you are ready to ship and then cash them prior to shipping.. it would make a lot of people happier that way. Communication is key to any business.. we heard a lot of folks complain about that too. Good Luck to you, sir. I also hope you understand that I won't be buying bees from you in the future.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast