Thread: Kirtcamp

Default Kirtcamp

New here to the forum and in need of advice. Spotted a bunch of bees entering a hole in the side of my house. Would hate to destroy them but can't let them live there. I am in northern Illinois and would welcome any help and advice. Regards Kirt

Default Re: Kirtcamp

I'm new too and have no advice, but your story reminds me of something similiar...

Can't remember who was telling me but on a trip, think it was to Cuba, but doesn't matter, anyways, they ended up at the home of some poor family in the middle of nowhere. This family had just peeled back a section of the wall in their delapidated shack of a home to expose a large hive. The visitor was a bit surprised by the joy on the part of the family. What would have been a pest issue where they came from, was a wealth of honey and good fortune to this impoverished family.

I'm not saying I'd keep bees in the walls of my house, either (although, actually, that would be a beautiful place for an observation hive), I just think it's a neat perspective

Default Re: Kirtcamp

Contact a local beekeeping club - they should be able to connect you with someone to help:
    http://www.isba.us/index.affiliate.htm