Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jarrett's Pollen Sub

Well I tried it!! Kieths pollen sub. I put on about three pound patties per hive. The sub was easy to handle and squeezed up the frames real nice and easy. It looked huge compared to the 1 lb patties I'm use to feeding. I fed one hive 3 one pound store bought patties cause I wanted to see if there was any difference. I ck the hives about 10 days later and I was surprised the bees had eaten all the patty. I compared the one hive with the store bought patties to other hives and found that there was actually a difference between the two. The hives with the Jarrett patty were doing better. Same bee yard, queen was from same supplier, and were fed same amount of syrup. I'll put up some pics soon.

Well I will say that I think from now on I'll be feeding no less than three pounds at a time from now on, the bees ate it fine. Thats less work for me having to go back almost every week to feed again. Plus it cost me 6.75 to feed the hive with store bought patty vs about 3 bucks!

I'd just like to thank the keepers that take all time and money to do the research to come up with great products for our bees. Keep it up and thanks for the help! (now I better go do a mite count tomorrow, always something)

Thanks
    Johnny

Default Re: Jarrett's Pollen Sub

The hives with the Jarrett patty were doing better.
    Can you explain doing better?
    Thank you,
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Hey Ernie sorry I was going to post the pics last night and ran out of time so you guys could see. What I meant by doing better, was I removed four frames from the brood nest. There was more sealed brood in the hives that got the Jarrett patties. I aso looked for eggs in the frames did not see very many of them. The bee population was also greater. I'll try to post the pics tonight.

Did you get results yet from the lab on your sub?

Quote Originally Posted by BEES4U View Post
    Can you explain doing better?
    Thank you,
    Ernie
    Well Ernie, It's what you put into the patty is what your bees are going to get out of it.

It's like feeding a gallon of syrup, if you cut it 50% with water would you expect them to put on weight for winter.

P.S. some do.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Can someone plz direct me to Jarret's Pollen Sub recipe? Thanks

I think its on the same web site that has the KFC seasoning recipe.

Well Ernie, It's what you put into the patty is what your bees are going to get out of it.

I totally agree!
    If you are going to make the pollen supplement patties do not skimp on the ingredients, their ratios and quality.
    Ernie
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJames View Post
    Can someone plz direct me to Jarret's Pollen Sub recipe? Thanks

They are just busting your chops. Jarrett's recipe can be found here.

KJ's Pollen Recipe Don't tell him I told you.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

Good one Hambone!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    They are just busting your chops. Jarrett's recipe can be found here.

KJ's Pollen Recipe Don't tell him I told you.
    Fort Knox ain't talking. Said something about security risk. Who else has the recipe the want's to spill the beans Is anyone sure that Jarrett's recipe is any better than other home made "open" recipes? I'm thinking of Randy Olivers, Hackenberg, or even Dave Miksa who has many different pollen subs for different times of the year.
    Last edited by JoshJames; 08-28-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Who else has the recipe the want's to spill the beans

Spilling the beans is very costly to research and development.

If I gave you the formula,s, you would not apprecieate all of the work and $$$$ that I /we put into it.

TNSTAAFM
    (There's No Such Think As A Free Meal)

For example: Mann Lake, are you reading this?
    Regards,
    Ernie
    Ernie

...unless your a bee, in a managed apiary, then some guy in a suit will periodically come by and wait on your every need and foot the bill to boot.

BTW, Keith how is the inventory looking?
    Last edited by JBJ; 08-29-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: omision
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIR.Purchase the product and find out for yourself.

One can only purchase if the item is in stock. Sounds like there is plenty on hand according to KDJ.
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

Okay heres the pics. Sorry it took so long I've been remodeling couple rooms in the house. As you can see one hive the three middle frames have a fair amount of sealed brood vs the other the other also has some brood but not as much. Thats what I meant by doing better.
    Last edited by JohnK and Sheri; 08-31-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: image too big

Okay heres the other one.
    Last edited by JohnK and Sheri; 08-31-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: image too big

Sorry thats not how i wanted to load them.

Last edited by Johnny; 08-31-2009 at 07:48 PM.

When the bees are honey bound and pollen bound with foundation in top box that is what will happen. By what I see in your picture your queen could only lay out what she had room for. I have no doubt KJ sells a fine product. I was just giving you some useful info for future use so you could really see how good it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeslave View Post
    When the bees are honey bound and pollen bound with foundation in top box that is what will happen. By what I see in your picture your queen could only lay out what she had room for. I have no doubt KJ sells a fine product. I was just giving you some useful info for future use so you could really see how good it works.
    Thanks beeslave for the info. Ya I'm very new to beekeeping started on 05 and tring to learn as much as poss from people like KJ.
    All I knew was that both hives where split at the same time, added queen from same breeder same day and have been at the same yard. I looked at them when I put the patty on and they looked about the same strength. I opened them 11 days later and thats what I saw. I know that the top box was not fully drawn out then. I looked again this weekend and they pretty much have all frames drawn out. Happy about that! I'll be adding more sub next week some time.

I'm very happy with KJ product vs the store bought. So for all the keepers that do the research and spend the money to make our bees stronger and healthier Thanks!

Johnny

Johnny

Smile Re: Jarrett's Pollen Sub

I will say KJ does a great Job! He is also a very good sales man.(where is the stirring the pot icon?)
    Jack
    Last edited by Action; 09-02-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Just to screw with Keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast