Default Hello, From Florida.

Hello. Me and my girlfriend have recently inherited 2 hives from a friend. Right now we are nothing more than hobbyists, however we enjoy having them so much that we are thinking of trying to get a few more hives and possibly starting a small supplemental income business. Looking forward to learning from you fine people as soon as possible.

Default Re: Hello, From Florida.

Hi from California.
    I've got 7 hives here in the front yard. I find it is a very enjoyable hobby for me that pays for itself. As far as making any supplemental income that pays for more than expenses, I imagine it might take more than just a few hives. See if anyone else chimes in with any advise for ya.
    Live life with gusto, having no regrets, neither for what you have done, nor for what you have not done.

Hello and welcome!

This is a good site to learn more about bees & beekeeping. Also be sure to check out your library for books and videos. Getting involved with a local beekeeping club is a good way to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks:
    http://apisenterprises.com/fsba/fsbalocal.htm

Welcome.Im in Sebring,Florida.Where is Desoto?

Thank you very much for all of the advice. Arcadia is about an hour away form Sebring.

Welcome! My husband and I live in Bradenton, Fl so we're about one hour away from you. We have two backyard hives that we started this spring.

Deb
    "Life is like riding a bike. It is impossible to maintain your balance while standing still."...Linda Brakeall