Default Hello, From Florida.

Hello. Me and my girlfriend have recently inherited 2 hives from a friend. Right now we are nothing more than hobbyists, however we enjoy having them so much that we are thinking of trying to get a few more hives and possibly starting a small supplemental income business. Looking forward to learning from you fine people as soon as possible.

Default Re: Hello, From Florida.

Hi from California.
    I've got 7 hives here in the front yard. I find it is a very enjoyable hobby for me that pays for itself. As far as making any supplemental income that pays for more than expenses, I imagine it might take more than just a few hives. See if anyone else chimes in with any advise for ya.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Hello and welcome!

This is a good site to learn more about bees & beekeeping. Also be sure to check out your library for books and videos. Getting involved with a local beekeeping club is a good way to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks:
    http://apisenterprises.com/fsba/fsbalocal.htm

Welcome.Im in Sebring,Florida.Where is Desoto?

Thank you very much for all of the advice. Arcadia is about an hour away form Sebring.

Welcome! My husband and I live in Bradenton, Fl so we're about one hour away from you. We have two backyard hives that we started this spring.

Deb
    "Life is like riding a bike. It is impossible to maintain your balance while standing still."...Linda Brakeall