Thread: student at dsu

Default student at dsu

i'm a student at dakota state university in south dakota. i'm doing research for a my senior project on varroa mites and honeybees, and i just need some resources so i'm signing up for this so i can bounce ideas off some different minds, etc.

Default Re: student at dsu

Nice to have ya here. We will be more than happy to help a starving college student. Are you in a frat at DSU?
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

Quote Originally Posted by rjzens View Post
    i'm doing research for a my senior project on varroa mites and honeybees, and i just need some resources so i'm signing up for this so i can bounce ideas off some different minds, etc.
    Looking forward to your ideas and input.

BB

Hello and Welcome!

So are you an entomology major? We'd love to hear more about your senior project: what exactly are you researching? There's a lot of beekeeping experience represented here, so let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Glad to have you aboard!

and i just need some resources
    If you have not heard of Bob Danka you might consider becoming familiar with his work.
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

lol, not in a frat, since i'm a female (both biologically and in practice), and not really starving either! i'm a bio major/chem minor and mom of two kids. my husband is a beekeeper and we had problems with mites (along with everybody else) a couple years ago. while i was looking around trying to understand it better, i ran across dr jim amrines stuff dealing with essential oils. basically i'm following that, trying to check things out analytically as well as observationally. we'll see how it goes. now it looks like nosema might be a problem, so i might end up checking that out too.

"starving college student" is just an old figure of speech.

I am a e.o. user as well. I will be interested in reading your post on your results. Since you have the background to be able to look at it scientifically.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek