Default Dispatching drones

I captured a swarm last month. It's a slow growing hive. Many of the workers died soon after I found them. The comb is being drawn out in slow motion. I think the queen was "new" she lays two eggs in the comb occasionally. One down in the bottom another on the side, or nearby. I added a full frame of capped brood from my other hive a few weeks ago to get some more workers in there.
    The other day I noticed several drones out of the hive dying. Another was being dragged out "kicking". The next time I checked, there are lots of nurse bees, the pretty queen, many workers and foragers in operation and one lonely drone. I can only find notes on pre-winter time dispatching of the drones nothing about the summer. Is this common?

Default Re: Dispatching drones

when the same wuestion was posted and posed a week or so ago, it seemed to me the concensus was that yeah, they were kicking out drones. I do not have a single one in my hive on the last check.....are you feeding the swarm?
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

I found the posting you mention. Hmm wonder why I missed it. No I'm not feeding them. They have pollen and nectar in the frames. I'm seeing my other more active hive bringing in pollen.

The reason I was asking about the feed is that it will help them draw comb a little faster..
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."