Default New Member Hello from North Texas.

Will be attending the Collin County Association meeting tonight, good to see many members frequent this board. Wife is equally interested in bees. We recently purchased some property between Bonham and Trenton, hope to relocate/retire there in next few years. I am a native of the Honey Grove area. Definitely want to add bees to our hobby farm/retirement farm venues.

Looking forward to meeting area beekeepers and becoming active in local association.

NTRotty
    Denton, TX

Default Re: New Member Hello from North Texas.

Welcome NT..... there are quite a few Texans on the
    board.

Welcome from another NorthTexan. I also live close to Trenton. I need to go to the meeting tonight as well, not sure I can make it though.

We recently purchased some property between Bonham and Trenton That should put you somewhere close to Randolph?
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may not be for you.

Yes Sir, close to Boid D' Arc creek, just south of Randolph. First wife's family, over 25 years ago, were commercial beekeepers and made their crop in South Dakota each year. They wintered the hives in East Texas and moved them up in late spring. I spent some time, usually in the spring, doing splits and getting them ready for the move. They ran over 2000 hives and made a very good living with it back then. Went past Saturday to MR Bradfields north of BOnham and bought some comb and got a tour of his honey house, wifes first time to see anything like that.

Looking forward to the local association meeting.

My dad lives on BoisdeArc creek!!!! On FM 896. And I live on the Other end of 896, in Leonard
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may not be for you.