Default laying worker apperance question

Can a laying worker look a lot like a queen. She had the bald spot on her back. She was a lot bigger than the workers but seem to be short.
    Bob F Seaman

Default Re: laying worker apperance question

nope.... sounds like a drone to me..... Drones also have larg eyes.... do a google search for images

Laying workers are identical to regular workers. The only way to tell a difference is to see her back into a cell and lay an egg.

Sometimes queens seem small, especially if they are virgins or are slimmed down.

Also, queens produced from larva that is to old will be an intercaste. She will be smaller and will not have the fertile egg laying ability of a queen made from the proper age larva. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeslave View Post
    Also, queens produced from larva that is to old will be an intercaste. She will be smaller and will not have the fertile egg laying ability of a queen made from the proper age larva. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    had bee inspector for my area have a LOOK he said the same. said what a shame beautiful brood pattern.
    Bob F Seaman