Default North Carolina State Beekeepers Assoc. 2009 Summer Meeting in Wilkes, NC

The NCSBA is having their 2009 Summer Meeting in Wilkesboro, NC from July 9 through July 11. You can visit their site for more info here: ncbeekeepers.org.
    If you are planning on being in the area or are a resident of NC, VA, TN, or SC we would love to have you visit us. I am a member of the host club, Beekeepers of Wilkes County, and this is going to be a terrific meeting. The main topic of the meeting is "Natural Beekeeping in the Face of Diseases and Pests". There will be many workshops including Natural Queen Rearing, Bee Venom Therapy, and Removing Bees from Structures.
    Amanda Molesa
    Visit our site for Beekeepers.

Default Re: North Carolina State Beekeepers Assoc. 2009 Summer Meeting in Wilkes, NC

Hey NC_Honey,

I did attend the meeting and have to say I enjoyed the conference and the area. I did not hear what the final count was for the meeting but understand it was over 400. The 3 day event seemed to go very smoothly from a visitors view point and with 400 + people the facility did not seem crowded at all. The work shops were great although I wish I could have attended more of them. I am always amazed at the work that is going on by some very smart people that care a lot about bees.
    We drove over to Kerr dam for a beautiful site of the lake and ate at some great food at the Applewood Bistro and of course the Smoke House bar-B-Que. Thanks for putting on a great conference.
    Just some thoughts.

Default Re: North Carolina State Beekeepers Assoc. 2009 Summer Meeting in Wilkes, NC

Maxant is hoping to make this show next year. Was tough with HAS being the same timeframe.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"