Hybrid View

Default Greetings from Peterborough (UK)

Hello all
    Came upon this Site when searching for some equipment.

Just started BeeKeeping this year. I am a member of my local BeeKeeping Group and my first Hive is comng along nicely.
    ie In my inexperience I am leaving them too it and they seem to be getting on pretty well without me interfering too much (Couple of checks and all seems well, added a new Super with foundation to be drawn yesterday).

I use (Wooden) Langstroth Hives with mesh base/floor - although my very experienced Bee Buddy has advised me to keep the solid floor in place at the moment (He is a wise old owl and just said "Its best"....... and then went on to say if you ask 2 BeeKeepers a question you will get at least 3 Opinions!!)

Anyway - Just signing on to say Hello!

I will probably just Lurk and read posts for a while.....

Any UK based posters please say Hi - esp if you are near Peterborough (or even know where it is!!)

Default Re: Greetings from Peterborough (UK)

Welcome aboard DrewBee......... glad you're here
    and hope you get to asking loads of questions.
    I don't think you ever stop learning in beekeeping.

Default Re: Greetings from Peterborough (UK)

Well, I lived in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada for awhile as a child, but it's not quite the same as the UK! (my parents were English.) Welcome from another newbee. I actually have D. E. Hives that an elderly beekeeper acquaintance poo-poohed because they're based on an English hive design. My response was that the English have been keeping bees for longer than the Canadians, so I'm sure the bees will cope somehow.