Thread: Feeding??

Default Feeding??

Ok, my eyes are getting blurry. I have read everything and maybe more, maybe to much. I have 6 hives and I want them to be alive next spring. Two weeks ago we had frost, but this came along with rain every 2 days. Last fall I ordered queens from Purvis(very nice people)I changed my date because of bad spring weather, rain and cold every other day.I don't mind feeding, I have had pollen pattys on them since April. Weather just bad. I have been reading Mannlake they have a product called "Pro Health" is it worth the time. I know they need honey for winter. I want the problem to many bees. Last year rain, snow zero weather lots of wind. It would rain in the morning and go to zero at night then the next morning above freezing. I did the sugar on the newspaper,sbb,opencover. Just put in 4 Purvis Queens. Now it is going to rain for the 3 days. Back to Pro Health is it worth trying to help them build up? This winter the bees will be under cover,not heated just under cover. Any help on what to feed Thank You Tony

Default Re: Feeding??

The next week It Is going to be middle 70's and rain. I think my toes have growing together. Tony
    Last edited by mudlake; 06-29-2009 at 04:03 AM.