Default Hi from eastern Ontario

Hi there,

I'm a brand-new beekeeper with two hives. My nucs were a little late coming because everyone around here had a slow start this year, but I installed my bees two days ago. Now my goal is to do my best for my bees, but I know I have a lot to learn. This forum looks like an excellent resource. And I am already in love with my honeybees! I have been wanting to do this for almost two decades, so it's nice to have a dream come true.

Default Re: Hi from eastern Ontario

Hi!

I was beginning to think that I was the only one from Ontario here - well, Canada for that matter! I am a new beekeeper this year too! Good Luck!

Krista

Good luck to you too, Krista! And look, we're both women! It does seem that beekeeping is still a male-dominated domain. How many hives did you start with?

Natalie

Hi and welcome, from another new beekeeper in Eastern Ontario (Ottawa). I helped a beekeeper keep bees ten years ago, and decided last year to get 2 hives for myself. So even though this is my second year, I still consider myself new at this.

Grid.

PS - I'm not a woman, but I like them just fine! Especially my wife and two daughters.

Hi Grid -- I am almost exactly halfway between you and Montreal. Since it's your second year as a beekeeper, I'm presuming your first year was successful enough to encourage you to continue!

Hey, I think guys are just dandy. My husband is my grunt labour, not to mention my hive assembly coordinator.