Exclamation week one. need a little help

Its been 12 days since I started my first hive and I have a few things I need help with!

1st: how long should it take to see caped cells? is 12 days too soon, am I freaking out over nothing?

2nd: How long should I feed them sugar water for? summer is in full swing here and there alot of flowers.

and 3rd: how long should I wait before I look in on them again?

thank you for all your help!

Default Re: week one. need a little help

Feed until you have most of the comb drawn for this year. That can mean feeding all summer and fall in some cases. You need to get them ready for winter in your area.

It takes the queen from a few days to a couple of weeks to start laying at times. Give it 3 weeks before you start to worry, 4 or 5 before you can claim a problem.

Once a week is often enough to learn and not pester them to badly.

Did you start with a Nuc or a package? I agree with Ross if you started from a package. If you started from a Nuc you should USUALLY be seeing new eggs larvae or capped cells by now.
    Here in Indiana, where we face winter, we feed new hives until they have drawn out two deeps. You can check on them whenever you want and once a week is fine, but it will likely be about two weeks or so for them to fill out the first deep and another two weeks OR SO to fill out the second. If you can stand it (and most of us can't), after install wait two weeks and see how they've done. If they're not ready for a second deep at two weeks (8 drawn frames), give them another week. If they are ready for the second deep, install it, feed feed feed, and wait another two weeks. I think I read that is takes 7 pounds of nectar to make a pound of wax, and feeding is a lot more efficient way to get them the sugar then foraging. Continue to feed until they have 8 frames drawn out on the second deep and you consider putting on a honey super.
    It may be necessary to feed again in the fall, but certainly feed now until they fill two deeps.

great thank you for all the help!!!