Default Love that TEXAS....

Weather

May 30th:
    Just moved to Dallas . Now this is a city that knows how to live!!
    Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! I watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th:
    Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in
    an air- conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a
    pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun
    worshiper.

June 30th:
    Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th:
    The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's kind of windy though. But getting used to he heat and humidity is taking longer that I expected.

July 15th:
    Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:
    I missed Morgan (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left
    this morning. By the time I got to the hot car for lunch, Morgan had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $2,000 leather upholstery. I told the kids that she ran away. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

July 25th:
    The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as heck. The home air-conditioner is not working and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:
    Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. $1,500 in darn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th:
    It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost
    $500 and gets the temperature down to 85, but this freaking humidity makes the house feel like it's about 95. Stupid repairman. I hate this stupid city.

Aug. 8th:
    If another wise guy asks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to strangle him. Darn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:
    Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and sat on the black leather seats in the ol' car. I thought I was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs. Now my car smells like burnt hair, and baked cat.

Aug. 10th:
    The weather report might as well be a recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do anything for 2 months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this darn desert? Water rationing now, so my $1700 worth of cactus just dried up and! blew into the darn pool. Even the cactus can't live in this darn heat.

Aug. 14th:
    Temperature got to 115 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1500 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Texas . What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?

ME
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Default Re: Love that TEXAS....

REMEMBER THE ALAMO? Maybe that's why the Mexicans didn't fight so hard for this place.
    Danny

OMG, that's so true!

The air conditioner always goes out in the month of August. Never in the month of May.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Ha ha ha! But you forgot add what it's like living in Amarillo. Plus the heat, you can add in winter weather that causes the temp to drop 40 degrees in 2 hours and 3 foot snowstorms at the end of March!

God makes it this hot to discourage the Yankees.
    Tom
    "All Men are Equal before Fish"

Quote Originally Posted by manymongrels View Post
    Ha ha ha! But you forgot add what it's like living in Amarillo. Plus the heat, you can add in winter weather that causes the temp to drop 40 degrees in 2 hours and 3 foot snowstorms at the end of March!
    This is no lie... I remember in one day, going from shoveling snow to leave for school in the morning, running the a/c after school, and having snow on the ground again the next morning... Why did I leave that dust pit again?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    God makes it this hot to discourage the Yankees.

Works fer me
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

It got up to 79 here today, I sure am glad my AC works. 60 tonight,just right. Tony

Texas is weird like that. We had a SUPER hot day today, and then this evening was cooler; right now it is 85 and w/ a cold breeze.

Mike

"If I owned [Hadies] and Texas, I would live in [Hadies] and rent out Texas!"
    Union General William Tecumseh Sherman.
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.

Quote Originally Posted by manymongrels View Post
    ... you forgot... what it's like living in Amarillo... the heat, ...winter weather that causes the temp to drop 40 degrees in 2 hours ...3 foot snows...[in] March!
    If the wind in Amarillo didn't change direction every other week and blow the dust back where it came from, Amarillo would be "Gone with the wind."

PS.
    Say, didn't the temp in Amarillo or somewhere in the Pan Handle once swing 100 + degrees in under 24 hours?
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.

Wink Re: Love that TEXAS....

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Texas . What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?
    Yeah, The weather is so bad they have a tough time telling the truth down there. That's for the ones in Conroe co.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements