Default a few ? about a new hive

i am going to go today to get a 4 frame nuc. this will be my second hive. i want to put it t a friends house about 4 miles down the road but he had to go out of town for a few days so i need to put it at my house till he gets back. my questions are these.

#1 how close to the other hive can i put the new one?(i have a small yard)

#2 will drifting or robbing be a problem since i have to feed the new bees?

C is there any thing else i need to consider with having 2 hives?

Thanks Jeff

Default Re: a few ? about a new hive

Is it possible for you to set up the new hive at your friend's house and go down to check on them once a day until your friend gets home?

not shure where he wants them. the plan was to meet him there today select a location for them and we would both go get the bees and get him hooked on beekeeping. i have only been to his place 1 time so i want to make shure he and his grass cutting wife are comfortable with the placement.

Presuming that the nuc has a good queen and you use an entrance reducer, there shouldn't be any problems with drifting or robbing. You could place it within a few feet of your first hive. You wouldn't have these doubts if you placed the nuc at your friend's house upon taking possession of it. Have you thought of the unecessary work of having to screen it, and moving it there in the late evening. Maybe a few days delay in picking it up would be better. OMTCW