Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Beekeeper in Concrete Washington

Quote Originally Posted by iwombat View Post
    Old, I don't know what it's like in your area, but between the maple and the himalaya blackberry I get salmonberry and native blackberry. So I don't see much in the way of a dearth. Himalaya is definitely the gangbuster of flows though.
    Salmonberry ends about the same time as the maple or at least it did this year, I was not sure about it as I have lots on my property and did not see many bees working it, we also have huckleberry but again it was more the bumble bees on it than anything else. They were still bringing in lots of pollen but their comb building definatley cut way back until the blackberry kicked in.

Just a reminder, this is a forum for people to introduce themselves. Let's move the conversation to another forum when it gets beyond a welcome.
    Regards, Barry

up here there are TONS of clover and blackberry in flower but my bees are not moving up into the supers - with or without exculders ??? they have room but swarm anyway - ive been fighting swarming since May and these are new packages installed on 4-16-09 - just worried if they dont get packing they will starve