Default Newbie from Nevada

Hello, I'm a newbie from Northern Nevada. Had no intention of ever picking this up as a hobby, because up until this March I was afraid of bees. This wasn't my hobby when it came home, I was entirely against the idea when it came up back in December, but living on 80 acres it was supposed to be out of sight, out of mind. The kids and my husband were going to deal with it entirely without me. Three 10 frame hives were placed out in my hay fields awaiting the bee delivery, which couldn't come in fed ex, because our local fed ex office is incompetent, so they came usps.

Well husband at work, kids at school my mother gets a phone call from the post office that the bees were in because they couldn't reach my husbands cell phone number. So I am stuck going to get the bees, I didn't want to put the suckers in my house, so I toss on all that crazy gear with the boxes of bees in hand and attempt to call my husband. No go, so I google how to put the bees in the hive, and geared up I do it myself. I found the whole process pretty interesting, seeing all those bees, and the queen cages. But it stayed my husbands hobby, until we moved one hive into my flower garden. I couldn't help but watch the comings and goings from the hive, even in my shorts, never getting stung. Now I am hooked, I find myself stealing the bee jobs for all the hives. Think my husband is getting jealous I spend more time with the bees then him.

Default Re: Newbie from Nevada

Welcome to the forum.
    "Where wisdom is called for, force is of little use."
    Herodotus (circa 485-425 BC), Greek Historian

Default Re: Newbie from Nevada

What is the weather like there now?
    "Where wisdom is called for, force is of little use."
    Herodotus (circa 485-425 BC), Greek Historian