Thread: Question

Default Question

I figure the guys doing this for a living maybe able to answer this for me. In Florida, If I wanted to place 20 or so hives in the Oranges for the honey, where would I find Orange grove farmers looking for pollenation. I understand most are done for free in exchange for honey. I would be interested in doing somthing like this. Im 3 hours from the centeral Florida area. Any advice would be great.

Default Re: Question

You are basicly going to have to knock on doors. Im not sure if its worth comming down from Ga with only 20 hives. With the spraying for greening and the distance you are going it dose not seem worth it. Espescially if you want to get back for gallberry.
    If you are really determined to come down try to find a local commercial guy to tag along with.

Default Re: Question

My only reason was to make some Orange Honey for sale along with our gallberry. But you are %100 right, Our bloom came very early this year I could not afford to miss it. I was just kicking some ideas around to help increase honey sells. Not to get long winded, but here in the county where I live, on the Georgia -Florida stateline alot of the folks I sell to have been asking about Orange Blossom honey. We see alot of it in the shops and store along the Interstate here. Most tourist want something to take back. The local gallberry honey does not do well here, but sell much better a County over. Just running thoughts and ideas out. Thanks for the advise.