Thread: New Here

Default New Here

Hello all,

I am not a beekeeper. I am actually employed by a company that exterminates them. When you're done throwing rotten tomatoes at me.. know that I do not enjoy this and I'm looking to learn methods to remove bees without killing them. I've started a company on my own time that offers free inspections to pinpoint areas where bees can enter homes and seal them up before the bees discover them. So far it has been a slow go convincing homeowners that an ounce of prevention is truly worth a pound of cure...

Anyways, back to the reason I am here. Are there proven methods of removing bees or luring them out and relocating them without harm?

During swarm season our company receives 8-10 calls a day.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
    Southern Arizona

Doing a trap out is not so easy and it leaves the comb in the location which will rot, invite bugs, attracts more bees, etc. Of course this occurs with exterminations as well.

Most of the time a cutout is recommended where the bees and comb are removed and then the location may need repair and to be sealed up.

You've come to the right place. Once you've hived a few swarms, you'll be a beekeeper weather you think so now or not.

See if there's a bee club in you're area. They usually have people who catch swarms & would probably teach you a lot when you call them in to remove swarms.

Buying a good beesuit would be a good idea.
    Dan

you must have been born with machinist calibrated eyes to attempt what you suggest.

tried and true? well after a fashion. which is to say sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.

at you location and if you are attempting removals???? I would most definitely have a bee lab address handy for identifying africanized swarms and colonies.