Default TBH Natural Beekeeping Apprentice Available

Hi All,

I'm new to beekeeping, as many others on this forum - just picked up my two nucs in TBHs on May 22, from Sam Comfort. They seem to be doing rather well even with the extremely wet weather we have had here in New York State.

I've been a high school science teacher for over 25 years and I have worked every summer for just about that long. Now that I've started in beekeeping, I've been thinking seriously about taking some time off this summer so that I can work with a natural beekeeping "mentor" to learn as much as I can.

So if anyone has any ideas in this regard, I'd be mighty grateful if you sent them my way.

Best Regards,
    Stone
    Delaware County, NY State

good luck with your nucs. i think sam's breeding program is great
    To Each His Own

I have 3 of Sam's nucs as well. Have you inquired with him about hanging with him and learning the ropes. You are in the same state as him and he is about as natural as it gets and he has tbhs.

Yes, Sam has vast knowledge - and very willing to share it.

Good idea.

How far do you want to travel?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Well, that's a good question. What thoughts do you have?

In 97', my wife and I spent a few weeks in Lincoln, Nebraska on our way back to New York from Colorado. Having science backgrounds, we spent the summer doing volunteer work with the Forest Service in Steamboat Springs. We stopped in Lincoln because our puppy got deathly ill and we took him to Pitts Verterinary Hospital where he recovered from parvo virus. We got to know Lincoln fairly well while he was being treated. Real nice city. Pitts and Lincoln have a special place in our hearts.

I'd love to hear any ideas you may have. Please feel free to email me off-forum to discuss this further.

Thanks,
    Stone