Default Another Bammer...

Hello to everyone!

I'm new to the forum - second day viewing - and being a forum junkie (various) for about eight years now, it didn't take me long to jump in head-first.
    Be forewarned, though, in the event I need to respond to anyone here: Being a native Southerner, I type a little slower than I speak - so you may want to pull up a chair at some point...

Quickly....I hived a feral swarm May 2008. Bought an established hive locally a few weeks later. Feral colony left in late summer.

Spring arrived with a strong colony still tolerating me....and I finally got to super a hive. I really needed another colony - and it happened - Swarm! Just so happened that my son spotted it in the chestnut tree above the hive. So now I am back to the point I was at a year ago - with better results. I took a couple of frames of honey last week (couldn't help myself) and the new hive is almost ready to super!

Finally, I have one question:

I know it isn't recommended - but is there something wrong with me when I get the urge to hug my bees.....?

C.C.

Rookie year myself. Cought my first swarm in late April, bought 2 nucs in May. I am tring to buy to more nucs tonight. Thanks for typing slow couse I read slow
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    Finally, I have one question:

I know it isn't recommended - but is there something wrong with me when I get the urge to hug my bees.....?

C.C.
    Nawww, go head. They're kinda funny about hugs though. They prefer you just wear shorts and a t-shirt for some reason They sorta get in the mood better too if you blow em a big ole kiss across the top bars before you hug also!

SEND PICS!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill