Default beekeeping equipment needed

hello every one.
    I want to start out in beekeeping. I am looking to buy used equipment like woodenware and other stuff. I am in maryland. willing to travel about 150 miles for the right equipment and price.

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. Might I suggest you start with new woodenware. If you plan on starting with one hive new equip won't be that costly and just starting out if you buy used you won't know what your buying. Plus what it will cost you to drive the 150 miles would cover the freight on your order. If you see a used smoker or suit that's what I would buy used. If you find a local club there may be members that will have some extra equipment that they will sale you. Also, if you have the equipment you can build most of it. I make all my bottom boards and lids. I buy my bodies and frames. If you want/need I can put together a list of must haves for a hive.

Derek
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

Default thanks

thanks for the tip

Marks,

if you're still looking for some used equipment, give me a call, and we can discuss what I have. My number is (914) 420-3738. I live about an hour north of New York City.

justgojumpit