Hybrid View

Default Hello from Seattle

Hi,
    I started my bee keeping adventure about a year ago, with several books, a presentation from Randy Oliver at the Arboretum here, and of course tons of internet reading.
    Finally, on the 15th of April '09 I got my first package of bees. So far things have been going quite well, I count myself lucky that I can have a hive in my back yard and experiment with some of the things suggested here (foundation vs. foundationless for example, they are about neck and neck so far and they took to both right away).
    So anyway, hello and thanks for answering all the questions I've had so far before I had to ask them.
    JA

Welcome to the forum.

Greetings. Your bees are just about to enter the best flow of the year - the blackberry flow. You'll be able to smell the nectar even at night while during the day the bees will focus on nothing but honey. It's a great time to have a hive around.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees

Default good to have ya

we allways need more bee keepers up north here

Welcome to the site neighbor! We're in Graham, our bees are hidden in a secret location in Hoodsport. This site is an incredible resource as I'm sure you're discovering. Happy exploring, and beekeeping.

I've got a couple bait hives at friends' places in ballard. Herd any swarms my way, will ya?

Welcome to the madness.
    John (West Seattle)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    I must say having bees so far is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever been involved in. The information available here has been super helpful to me, so thanks again.
    JA