Default swarm capture question

ok, i have a swarm 25 feet in a tree over a creek with poison ivy covering the tree. this swarm has 8 pcs of comb hanging off the tree each the size of a basketball. i put a box by them with LGO in it. i doubt they will make a new home in my box. with the size of the comb i think they like where they are. if i dont get them the golf coarse is going to exterminate them. any ideas?
    james

Well, my first thought is to write these bees off. Way too much bother for the possible gain. The only way I can see to get any good out of them would be if you could get a rope over the top of the branch where they are, hoist up a box with a bottom nailed on, and then cut or knock the combs loose so that they fall in the box, lower the box & then cut them to fit the frames & rubberband them in just like any other cutout. At 25 ft ft high with a creek & poison ivy, I would still just write them off.

Write off the actual colony. It's simply not worth it. The tree is one thing but climbing in it with poison ivy... I'd rather have a hand grenade dropped in my pants. However, what you can also do is put a weak hive or swarm box nearby. Once the hive has been removed the field workers will be looking for somewhere (anywhere) to call home. They should head to your set-up. You'll get a quick boost of bees though no queen should be expected. This is with the assumption that they are simply cutting the branch down and haul it off. If they are going to spray with poison ignore what I said and avoid it all together. Get some photos before they remove them though!

I had a call from someone who had a tree removed that they knew had bees in. A cluster of bees showed up that evening on the ground near where the tree used to be. I went and got them. They had no queen and they were completely disoriented. I gave them a box with some LGO and they ran in there. I took them a dropped them through a super in a hive that needed a population boost from swarming. The bees quickly moved in there with no fighting.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Plus...with them building out in the open and in your area there is the concern of AHB.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Which golf course is it at?

Anyway to get a cherry picker in there?