Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

quick question

974 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ENCRickey 
#1 ·
I have one the combination hivestand/SBB, on the back where the sceen slides in it is big enough that the bees can come and go from the opening, would it be a good idea to duct tape that closed, I have the front entrance reduced since it is a 3 day old package install.

#2 ·
Generally, that opening is below the screen on the bottom board. Are the bees just flying around down there or are they actually finding a way into the hive? If you have to block it off, you could use duct tape but don't leave the sticky part exposed! Wrap more tape over it or something to keep bees from getting stuck.

#3 ·
They are getting in there, there is one slot for the screen which they are using and another for a count sheet which they cannot get into the hive from. Maybe I should measure it and cut a strip of pastic to duct tape over the area. I thought the idea of a removeable screen was a good one but maybe not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.