Default New hive doing great!

I just picked another 4lb. package of bees from Wilbanks in Claxton Ga. yesterday and hived them late that afternoon.
    These bees are going at it like gang-busters! They have already sucked down a quart of sugar water and I already see several foragers coming back to the hive with pollen.
    Like my other hives, these Italians are very gentle. I love to just sit outside next to the hives and watch the comings and goings. Yesterday was the best - a bunch of baby bees were out on the front porch of the adjacent hive learning how to get their wings going and every once in a while one would get a little to much wing action going and flip over! Just too funny.
    The folks over at Wilbanks are just awesome. As I was picking up my bees, a gentleman approached me an introduced himself as Mr. Wilbanks. He walked me around the entire operation and gave me a one over the world on how it all happens at a shipper. He also invited me to come back out at a later date to go take a look at their queen rearing operation.
    If I thought I could make a living at this I would quit my job and just enjoy my bees.

I know just what you mean! People ask me why I am a beekeeper and I told them the pure enjoyment I get from watching and working with them, if I never got any honey I wouldn't care(although my husband would-he uses the honey to brew his beer). I too would love to quit my day job and just be a beekeeper.
    Enjoy!
    ----dabb.

Does Wilbanks have a website. May I ask what you paid for your package?

I don't think they have a website, but not sure. The number is 912 739-4820.
    I paid $74 for 4 lbs plus a clipped and marked queen.
    Not the cheapest I've found, but they are nice and close (45 min) and have a superior reputation.

price isnt always what gets me. I would have to have them shipped ON. I will pay for quality though.