Default Natural sized cells - geography/cllimate a variable?

Hi, I am trying to recall something I came across in the small cell reading I have been doing and wondered if climate matters in what the bees feel is natural for them? I maybe imagining it but do they not regress as small the more northerly one goes? I am in Ontario, a little over one hundred miles north of the NY state border. I know that most animal species get larger the colder the climate, i.e. foxes, rabbits, etc., but that may be an extreme example in comparing the arctic fox to the red fox running around here - would it work the same way for bees? Thank you for any replies,

Ivan

>Hi, I am trying to recall something I came across in the small cell reading I have been doing and wondered if climate matters in what the bees feel is natural for them?

Yes.

> I maybe imagining it but do they not regress as small the more northerly one goes?

Yes.

> I am in Ontario, a little over one hundred miles north of the NY state border. I know that most animal species get larger the colder the climate, i.e. foxes, rabbits, etc., but that may be an extreme example in comparing the arctic fox to the red fox running around here - would it work the same way for bees?

Yes.

Probably natural for where you are is about 5.0mm with the equator about 4.6mm or so. Dee Lusby mapped it out. I've seen the map somewhere but am not sure. I'm sure she would be happy to discuss it with you.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF