Default Finally will have bees!!!

The USPS lost my first 2 nucs 3 1/2 weeks ago. The replacements are at the post office now!!!!!!!! They called and asked if I wanted to come get them or wait a day until they were delivered to my local one. DUH. Very glad the guy called!

Glad to hear it!

Well they seem to be VERY gentle bees, have not figured out how to get the smoker lit and don't seem to need it. They have ignored the sugar syrup and saw pollen coming into both hives today. Now I have to figure out how to leave them alone! I want to stand there with the hive open. I am working on watching the coming and going outside instead

I hear you on the hard to leave them alone. I stated 2 packages Friday evening, today they are bringing in alot of Pollen, I cracked the top to check the hivetop feeder and there is plenty left and I seen a few up there filling up.
    Figure Tuesday after work I will check on queen release. I sat out there this evening for an hour just watching them come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by learning View Post
    They have ignored the sugar syrup
    Sounds pretty normal, I would keep offering it if they have a lot of comb to draw. Smaller amounts like a pint or so would probably be best in case it spoils(less to throw out).

Good luck leaving them alone, still working on that myself